[ROM] Hatka DNA

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
"full wipe"???

Hello, I'm back. I was able to install your rom, great rom by the way. But in doing so I believe a made a mistake. In your instruction one of the things to do is a "full wipe", please define what YOU mean by FULL wipe. TWRP gives many wipe options: Cache, Dalvik Cache, factory reset, system, internal storage, and format data. I did the Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and factory reset. Doing that I lost my all my backup's including TWRP and Titanium. your rom is still running the phone, I also lost important apps like Internet explorer. I did find one Titanium backup in my dropbox online, trying to drag that file which has all the system files in it, back to the phones file has proved challenging. Do you think I should just reflash your boot.img and your rom, or use the titanium file to get internet explorer back. And again what do you mean by full wipe so I don't make the same error.

OP
D

drjorge

Reaction score
Hello, I'm back. I was able to install your rom, great rom by the way. But in doing so I believe a made a mistake. In your instruction one of the things to do is a "full wipe", please define what YOU mean by FULL wipe. TWRP gives many wipe options: Cache, Dalvik Cache, factory reset, system, internal storage, and format data. I did the Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and factory reset. Doing that I lost my all my backup's including TWRP and Titanium. your rom is still running the phone, I also lost important apps like Internet explorer. I did find one Titanium backup in my dropbox online, trying to drag that file which has all the system files in it, back to the phones file has proved challenging. Do you think I should just reflash your boot.img and your rom, or use the titanium file to get internet explorer back. And again what do you mean by full wipe so I don't make the same error.

Sorry I wasn't clear with the full wipe. I meant factory reset and cache. You can use titanium backup anytime. Just remember not to wipe system or internal storage

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
ok. I already screwed up the phone. if I reflash the boot.img and your rom will it restore all the apps the browser is gone and dr. dre beats I think is gone also not sure what else is missing.

OP
D

drjorge

Reaction score
ok. I already screwed up the phone. if I reflash the boot.img and your rom will it restore all the apps the browser is gone and dr. dre beats I think is gone also not sure what else is missing.

If you flash my boot.img, and my Rom some things might come back you should try

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
reflashing both the boot.img and the rom worked. The missing browser and beats are both back and I'm sure whatever else I was missing is back. thanks for your help.