[ROM] [ROM] Cyanogenmod Barebones -V4 periodically updated.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Note: This rom needs to be updated to more recent files, I plan on doing it in the next week or so. It is plenty usable though (No GSM support though)

I am releasing my first barebones for the D2G. It is based off Revnumber's nightlies. This build requires you to be on any GB D2G rom.

Updates Between 1 to 4
Switched to GB kernel
Increased battery life via changes to CM as well as the switch the GB kernel.
Much faster!
Build is much smaller in size too (Download is 77 MB)
EGL and Bluetooth are fixed
Added keymap fix to fix certain keyboard and lockscreen issues
Any other additions inside CM between 08/02 to 08/30

Camera zoom is a none bug along with possible DSP issues (Camera zoom works if you enable zoom from volume buttons)

I have removed:

From Bin/Xbin folders
IRSSI, VIM, and TCPDUMP

From Fonts
I removed the CM one for Chineese (unless Droid fallback has some support)
arabic support. (The reason is not out of hate, but because I have seen these rarely used and they added 4MB to the build size)

From Apps
All CM themes (Left theme support in though so you can add what you want or download them, I use synergy personally)
Stock MMS, Email, Calander and Calculator (Left provider apk's in so you can use replacements or add back in and have it work fine)
Download UI
a few other apk's I can't remember.

From Lib's
Removed SwypeCore

Added auto odex support to /data/

Updated to Go Launcher EX 2.39

Removed from Gapps
G Books , G Talk, Quicksearch, Setup Wizard, LatinIME tutorial.
Changed Market to newest Market available.

All thanks go to Revnumbers, x13thangelx, Gasai Yuno, Asphyx and the rest of the developers for CM4D2G!

I HIGHLY recomend using all the GO apps and widgets as replacements for removed features. For email I use K9 email. All removed features are able to be added back in with other apps or by adding them from Rev's official build. This is meant to be the minimum for people to add specifically what they want.

Download for Release 4

http://www.mediafire...4w27217877wh711

Gapps barebones (Mainly for Market) Note: These did not update because latest gapps package is causing bootloops for me for some reason.
http://www.mediafire...jpbi877rhnc0hjr

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know I never posted my rom here but if you guys like my work please donate! I am going to support my work here as well as rootzwiki from now on!
Donations are MUCH appreciated!
http://forum.xda-dev...e.php?u=1894713 ( I simply copied my XDA donate link)

Jonas

Reaction score
Ok, I hate to be "That Guy", but why should I switch from the current CM7 to this? I read through the differences, but could you write them up so it's easy to understand? I understand most of it, but one thing that REALLY bugs me about CM7 is the lack of GPS support. Is this running GPS yet? Also, is this the same install process as the normal CM7?

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
GPS isn't working for you? I used GPS in this build to drive from Iowa to Wisconsin before so I know this works. As for reasons why to switch. Just more stuff cut out and it has a couple scripts added for speed.

Jonas

Reaction score
GPS isn't working for you? I used GPS in this build to drive from Iowa to Wisconsin before so I know this works. As for reasons why to switch. Just more stuff cut out and it has a couple scripts added for speed.

No it's not, but this may be an issue with my phone, and not CM7. And if I understand correctly, this is a thinned out version of CM7 to make it a bit faster, with less clutter?

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No it's not, but this may be an issue with my phone, and not CM7. And if I understand correctly, this is a thinned out version of CM7 to make it a bit faster, with less clutter?

Pretty much, and yeah it really sounds like a phone issue. I haven't heard of anyone else having busted GPS except perhaps with the newer CM builds. This is based off one from around august/september so it is 2.3.5

Jonas

Reaction score
Pretty much, and yeah it really sounds like a phone issue. I haven't heard of anyone else having busted GPS except perhaps with the newer CM builds. This is based off one from around august/september so it is 2.3.5

That might be my problem, I am running 10-18 build. So maybe you just found my solution. Since I'll need to reflash anyway, I'll give your ROM a shot, and give you some feedback tomorrow! Would you perfer me posting any bugs here, or PMing you?

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah builds around that time are 2.3.7 and of course that change brought issues like 2.3.5 did... I would give it a try with my rom, see if it works. If not its the phone. It definitely isn't a CM specific issue (at least with the newer builds or the older ones like mine).

Edit: Feel free to keep replying here.

Jonas

Reaction score
Tried flashing it, and bootlooped on the CM7 logo. I did everything right, to my knowledge. I SBFed back to stock Froyo, used the OTA update, WITHOUT bootstrapping, and then flashed your ROM, and then flashed your version of Gapps, and I got a boot loop. I tried two battery pulls, and still nothing. I am SBFing back to froyo now, to go back to CM7, please let me know if you have any updates, I'm glad to help test.

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tried flashing it, and bootlooped on the CM7 logo. I did everything right, to my knowledge. I SBFed back to stock Froyo, used the OTA update, WITHOUT bootstrapping, and then flashed your ROM, and then flashed your version of Gapps, and I got a boot loop. I tried two battery pulls, and still nothing. I am SBFing back to froyo now, to go back to CM7, please let me know if you have any updates, I'm glad to help test.

SBF back to froyo, apply GB, Bootstrap or CWR, then wipe data/cache then finally install the rom.

Jonas

Reaction score
For whatever reason, the DL link is not working on my phone now, but I'll try again later. Can I flash this on top of my the current CM7 nightly?

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think the link got truncated when I was copy pasting from rootzwiki. I will be fixing all my links later tonight.