firstEncounter-Developer

CHANGELOG
  • updated to 4.0.4_r1.2
  • Defy base added back (Mostly)
  • Nav Bar added and shrunk it 31dp
  • Home key fixed
  • FM radio
  • HDMI out
  • MMS works (using hacked method) [may need to wipe mms.apk cache if mms fails at first]
  • GPS Fix
  • All Lag should be removed
  • HD Stock ICS Boot Animation (Credit – WJDDesigns)
  • Updated modules and props to .621
  • Fixed Video Camera and Sound is Synced
  • Fixed Bluetooth
  • Bettery Battery Life due to 621 update and Defy Base
  • Fixed Reboot to Recovery Every Boot By Default
  • Fixed build.user display
  • Removed CyanogenMod Version from About Phone(Replaced with b00stedICS)
  • Disabled Blur when not needed to speed up UI
  • Updates to media_profiles.xml for improved camera and camcorder function
  • Unlimited the stock browser tabs. See tab settings in browser settings (Credit – gdanko)
  • Toggle in Tab Settings for whether to save tabs and open pages between reboots/launches (Credit – gdanko)
  • /vendor/b00sted created (removed cm vendor from build) link
  • Updated Apex Launcher to v1.1.1
  • Removed reboot to recovery from reboot menu as we use bootmenu
  • *****Added Jpeg Turbo (Try and bog the gallery down ;) )
  • Ton of build.prop edits for increased performance, battery life, and user experience
  • Beats Audio
  • Signal Bars now match your actual signal -- enjoy the bars

KNOWN ISSUES

• Blackness at boot is still there. be patient [brightness is fixed for sign in]
  • Auto Brightness is iffy still
  • Hardaware Rendering (Chrome, Netflix)
    CREDITS AND THANKS

• Google
  • CyangenMod
  • CyanogenDefy
  • ChainsDD
  • Goo-Inside.me
  • Android does
  • x13thangelx
  • bikedude880
  • Jonman408
  • firstEncounter
  • Wizard0f0s
  • dhacker
  • Int_Rand_Pooka
  • ALL TESTERS! This rom is possible thanks to you guys.
INSTALL
  • Download the ROM
  • Download gapps
  • Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
  • Wipe Data
  • Install ROM
  • Install gapps
  • Reboot
DOWNLOAD

• Build 2 --> HERE MD5: c2ea77041dfdf90b0f5c1af105aa384a
  • GAPPS --> HERE
DONATE
Posts, views, and donations encourage us to make this ROM better. :)

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
FAQ

I'm coming from another ics rom, do I need to do a full wipe?
I would strongly suggest it.

My previous boot logo (i.e YACK) is still there, how do I remove it?
Rom Toolbox and set it to whatever you want, or SBF and reinstall. :)
How in the **** do I get to recovery on this ROM?
This ROM features the Hijacked BootMenu courtesy of Wizard0f0s. To get there reboot your device. Your LED will flash blue and when it does press the volume down button. You are now in BootMenu. Scroll down with volume keys to 'Recovery' and press power. Then scroll down to 'clockwork' and press power. You will now be in the latest clockwork mod recovery. There is also the option to boot to the custom RZrecovery as well. Linked here is the documentation written by Wiz for BootMenu, although I believe it is from v1.14(we are on 1.15) and should provide you with a lot of information.
Is in call mute working on this rom?
No not yet. But there is a workaround. Step 1. Hold hand over mic and whisper :p

How long does the intial boot last?
Probably about 5 minutes. The easiest way to know if it is happening is to watch for the hard keys to light up. Once they
have lit up give it about another 2 minutes and then hit power. If the hard lights shut off, wait about 5 seconds and hit power again. This should bring you to the sign in screen. It seems to be a brightness issue(which may be related to auto-brightness)

Does autobrightness work?
Not 100% yet. We are getting there, but there are still some bugs. Best thing is to just set it at around 30% unless you work in the sunlight.

Does this work with Boot manager?
I honestly am not a huge fan of Boot Manager so I personally have not tested. It seems like it has caused people some grief...try at your own risk.

Does this work with reloaded ics?
One person confirmed it was. In future nightlies to come this wont be needed :)

How do I remove the Nav Bar?
This is is going to be added to nightlies soon...and resized.

IF ANY OTHER QUESTIONS SEEMED TO BE FREQUENTLY ASKED IN THE THREAD LET ME KNOW! :)

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
NIGHTLIES

Nightlies will be starting tonight 5/10/12.

Please note that the nightlies will be built by our buildbox, and while they may contain the latest and greatest changes, they may not be as stable as our major releases. We will strive to make sure they are as stable as possible, as I have become somewhat of a perfectionist now, and HATE to release half-assed roms. :p

=======================================================================

The zip names for nightlies will be as follows:
b00stedICS_”device”-”buildtype”_”build#”_”date”.zip

buildtype
Major releases, or “Milestones” will be labeled as build
Nightlies, more or less our incremental builds, will be labeled as b

build#
Build Numbers will be labeled for the next major release to come. So for the nightlies that we will start with they will be labeled as b_3. Then once build3 is released, nightlies for build4 will start (b_4).

So an example for a nightly zip name will be:
b00stedICS_shadow-b_3_2012-05-10-21_57.zip
==============================================================

All zips will be provided here on our server. Builds are compiled and auto-uploaded.
DOWNLOADS

Changelogs
5/12/12
***Bug: Camcorder borked from omap34com repo sync--will be fixed in next nightly***
Wifi fixed
Sound Settings fixed
camera.omap3.so is being compiled again(Credit Johnman409)
QR scanner fixed (Credit Johnman409)
Github changes to b00sted vendor
*Non omap3 devices able to use it now
NavBar removed framework-res.apk available for download.
*Best way is to drop the apk in /system/framework/ in the zip and flash it
5/11/12
Bug: Sound Settings FC* (use zedge until figured out)
Working ringtones
ThemeChooser (Please post which ones work and i'll provide the links in one of OP's)
NavBar properly resized to 30dp
SuperUser updated
New Power Widget Icons
Render Effects ported from CM7
Custom Lockscreen Targets
Status Bar PowerWidget indicator color matched to ICS blue

NIGHTLY PREVIEWS
Here we will show off the next nightlies highlight features.

Nightly b_3_2012-05-11-02_15

Screenshot_2012-05-10-14-47-44.pngScreenshot_2012-05-10-14-47-27.pngScreenshot_2012-05-10-14-48-32.png
ThemeChooser,Custom Lockscreen Targets

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
CHANGELOGS
Will be updated with next official build. OP has c/l from build1 to build2. Nightly OP will have c/l for those builds invidually. Here the previous builds Changelogs will be kept with the OP containing the current builds changelog

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Our server is currently down so no new nightly until that is fixed. Should be hopefully tomorrow night or Thursday

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Welcome to DF BMc08GT and thanks for sharing this! Got you set up with dev badge! :big smile:

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks wicked. Glad to be here :)

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Changelog for next nightly when server is back up and running:

*Re-Removed CyanogenMod Version from Settings and hopefully successfully changed it back to b00sted Version
*Added DeepSleepMode into framework
*Resynced tree after weekend (brought in a lot of changes) (should possibly fix camcorder -can't guarantee that--check cm9 to be sure)
*Removed CMStats
*Updated Su and Busybox in RZRecovery zip in bootmenu
*Partial HWA included to hopefully fix the music and browser lag issues.

This is what I would like to include for tomorrow:
*I may adjust the min free values to provide better UI
*Over the next builds I am going to attempt to clean up this rom and slim it down significantly. (Call it "ROM weight training" [slimming down while beefing up] )
*Add mods from ICS Reloaded and potentially finally add NavBar toggle

NOTE: We also will be doing D2, D2G, and possibly Inc builds(of course the inc builds wont be based off the defy base :p but will still be b00sted)

wolfballz

Reaction score
Excuse me for stupid questions... how do I remove soft keys at bottom of screen? Also for the night lies do I just flash that like I did the initial build 2 rom?

OP
B

BMc08GT

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
wolfballz said:
Excuse me for stupid questions... how do I remove soft keys at bottom of screen? Also for the night lies do I just flash that like I did the initial build 2 rom?

Until a toggle is added you will need to download this http://encounterpc.com/android/bmc08gt/shadow/nightlies/framework-res.apk and download the build you would like to install. Then drop the framework-res.apk that you downloaded into the rom zip in /system/framework/ overriding the previous one.

Yes you can either dirty flash it over top of the build2(wipe cache), install it clean as a brand new rom, or Install over build2 after wiping data and cache. I always recommend wiping data but some don't see any issues so to each their own.

wolfballz

Reaction score
BMc08GT said:
Until a toggle is added you will need to download this http://encounterpc.com/android/bmc08gt/shadow/nightlies/framework-res.apk and download the build you would like to install. Then drop the framework-res.apk that you downloaded into the rom zip in /system/framework/ overriding the previous one.

Yes you can either dirty flash it over top of the build2(wipe cache), install it clean as a brand new rom, or Install over build2 after wiping data and cache. I always recommend wiping data but some don't see any issues so to each their own.

Thanks a bunch man. Great work on this.

wolfballz

Reaction score
BMc08GT said:

When I try to put the framework-res.apk into that folder in the zip file I get a message that says the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted. I just plugged in my dx into a laptop and opened the zip file navigated to /system/framework and pasted it but I get that message. Help please.

wolfballz

Reaction score
Tried it with 7zip and didn't get that message when pasting framework into foldet. Hopefully I won't brick my phone.