[ROM] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Gummy 0.9.0 - 03/24/12 - The Remodel!

maximumhigh

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help, i got my Galaxy nexus last week, unlocked my bootloader and rooted. waited a few days and now i'm trying to flash my rom. took me a while to realize that since im in the us and on verizon that i have cdma so couldnt get anything to flash right, then i redid my clockwork recovery thing to cdma, download gummynex, went into recover, cleared my cache, and installed the "rom".zip, after that I flashed the gapps, and now i hit reboot. All is well except its been booting for 35mins..... any help?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey guys I need help, i got my Galaxy nexus last week, unlocked my bootloader and rooted. waited a few days and now i'm trying to flash my rom. took me a while to realize that since im in the us and on verizon that i have cdma so couldnt get anything to flash right, then i redid my clockwork recovery thing to cdma, download gummynex, went into recover, cleared my cache, and installed the "rom".zip, after that I flashed the gapps, and now i hit reboot. All is well except its been booting for 35mins..... any help?

You needed to wipe data as well, which is something you need to do with any new ROM install. At this point you need to pull the battery, power up the device while holding in the volume buttons and power. This should boot you to the android screen, scroll to recovery and boot into it. Once there wipe everything and install both zips again.

terigox

Reaction score
Which kind of notification are you talking about? Like a text?

Yea I see it on Gmail, the native mail client, google talk and Google voice. Its pretty easy to replicate

Open app that would mark the notification "read". Sleep your phone with the power standby button . Send your phone a message or email to trigger the notification from somewhere else. Turn your phone's screen back on. You'll see the lock screen and the notification will be there for a split second then go away. Once you unlock the app is open showing the new email, message or whatever.

maximumhigh

Reaction score

Alright so I come to find out that i'm on 4.02 trying to install roms for 4.03, I've searched and searched but there is nowhere i can find to upgrade to 4.03, help a guy out?

TSXXX

Reaction score
Yea I see it on Gmail, the native mail client, google talk and Google voice. Its pretty easy to replicate

Open app that would mark the notification "read". Sleep your phone with the power standby button . Send your phone a message or email to trigger the notification from somewhere else. Turn your phone's screen back on. You'll see the lock screen and the notification will be there for a split second then go away. Once you unlock the app is open showing the new email, message or whatever.
I don't think this is a bug per say, maybe the nexus does this just for no redundancy with notifications.

TSXXX

Reaction score
Alright so I come to find out that i'm on 4.02 trying to install roms for 4.03, I've searched and searched but there is nowhere i can find to upgrade to 4.03, help a guy out?

If you flash this rom, you will have 4.0.3. Have you ever flashed a rom before? If not, I HIGHLY recommend you read tutorials on how to do so. It may just save your phone from being bricked.

maximumhigh

Reaction score
I've tried to flash it like 10 times but to no avail, i thought it was because im on 4.02 and all of the roms are 4.03, every time i install a rom, i finish and try to reboot, but i get a continuous boot screen that never ends, i wiped one of my caches before i try to boot but not the one that's says "this will delete everything" because i was afraid i would lose my backup restore, what do i do?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've tried to flash it like 10 times but to no avail, i thought it was because im on 4.02 and all of the roms are 4.03, every time i install a rom, i finish and try to reboot, but i get a continuous boot screen that never ends, i wiped one of my caches before i try to boot but not the one that's says "this will delete everything" because i was afraid i would lose my backup restore, what do i do?

Wipe everything from within Clockwork recovery. This includes data, cache, boot, dalvik - start fresh, you messed something up. Everything on your sd card will be protected, which is where your backup is located. Make absolutely sure you have the CDMA Gummy rom.

Your process:
  • Download Rom - here. I suggest you do a fresh download.
  • Download Gapps - here. I suggest you do a fresh download here as well.
  • Flash into recovery
  • Wipe everything
  • Install Rom
  • Install Gapps
  • Reboot
  • Wait, first boot could take 1-2 minutes, beyond 5 and something is screwed with your phone (you may have to factory reset, we'll tackle that when we come to it)
Good luck.

Last edited:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for some reason, i can't get the CyanogenMod Music player to install. i've renamed the Google Music app in system app to a .bak, and moved it out of system apps. i rebooted, and tried to install the CM Music player a number of different ways, but no luck. any suggestions?? thanks!

appdaddy

Reaction score
Holy smokes!!!!! This rom is the shizz!! 10/10!!! Battery life is consistent at 14 hrs w 22% left at the end of the day 7:30a-9:30p..... and that's with posting to fb, checking emails, texting all day, some gaming thrown in haha. Oh and cruising around repetitive for a bit. Lol. Great job guys. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Holy smokes!!!!! This rom is the shizz!! 10/10!!! Battery life is consistent at 14 hrs w 22% left at the end of the day 7:30a-9:30p..... and that's with posting to fb, checking emails, texting all day, some gaming thrown in haha. Oh and cruising around repetitive for a bit. Lol. Great job guys. :)

how'd you manage to do that..please share..

appdaddy

Reaction score
@whatuseekisfire, It's the kernel in the rom itself. I WAS using Franco's kernel w buglessbeast but the imoseyon (sp?)kernel included is boss! Oh and I know it has a CPU control built in but set CPU is still tops in my book. 350 Max/min when screen off Profile helps too. what're you getting?

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
@whatuseekisfire, It's the kernel in the rom itself. I WAS using Franco's kernel w buglessbeast but the imoseyon (sp?)kernel included is boss! Oh and I know it has a CPU control built in but set CPU is still tops in my book. 350 Max/min when screen off Profile helps too. what're you getting?

14 hours should be your minimum. I consistently get in the 16-18 hour range on the stock lean kernel and stock settings.