[ROM] [ROM] Android Revolution HD (LTE)

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Blazed you using the stock launcher?. ..I still have some lag from app drawer back home but I'm using Nova launcher. Just wondering what you use

I'm using Nova launcher as well and haven't noticed any lag exiting the app drawer. Just tested it 10 times and it was nice and fluent.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using Nova launcher as well and haven't noticed any lag exiting the app drawer. Just tested it 10 times and it was nice and fluent.

Ok cool. Not sure why mine lags.. .you adjust any other settings in Nova that you can think of?

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ok cool. Not sure why mine lags.. .you adjust any other settings in Nova that you can think of?

No, I do have setCPU set to min:350mhz max:1200mhz using interactive governor. Not sure if that would make a difference or not but I figured I'd tell you so you can compare settings.

seminole1994

Reaction score
Nova lags for me too coming out of the app drawer .. Doesn't bother me too much

Reaction score
Not to change the subject but still no luck with FB on this ROM. Also, how do I configure a profile in setCPU to reduce CPU clock while the screen is off?

EDIT: I see that you have to add and select the custom profile "screen off" and manipulate it that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, I do have setCPU set to min:350mhz max:1200mhz using interactive governor. Not sure if that would make a difference or not but I figured I'd tell you so you can compare settings.

Yeah that's what I have too. Ah well I'll see what happens with the next update.. that's the only part that lags so it's bearable

Artimis

Reaction score
I noticed with Nova that if you exit the app drawer with the Back button, there is no lag.

If you exit the app drawer with the Home button there is lag. Was able to reproduce this consistently on 2 devices.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed with Nova that if you exit the app drawer with the Back button, there is no lag.

If you exit the app drawer with the Home button there is lag. Was able to reproduce this consistently on 2 devices.

Yep same here

whezzel

Reaction score
I didnt want to unlock my boot loader but i think i might bite the bullet and do it. last night i went to sleep with phone 100% just off charger and then i woke up and it had 13% left. so no use and barely alive in 7 hours.... Sucks. its on charger more then its being used. I have extended battery and 4g is turned off. Is this normal for you guys? i might have to install this rom just for the fact that i can actually under clock cpu once rooted... I might just completely uninstall every app i have and everything and do a test completely stock first so all variables are out of equation. ive got juice defender on at the moment to help but im not seeing much an improvement.

stock rom but unlocked and rooted, of course. i get about 8 hours of heavy use on the normal battery. steaming music for several hours, youtube, gps, screen on full brightness, 4g on most of the time. hardly use wifi anymore since 4g is faster.

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

Well that explains why I see no lag, I use the back button(out of habit) to exit app drawer.

AspenSTi

Reaction score
So I've been using 2.1.1 for most of the day so far (roughly 7 hours), and i haven't noticed any major changes coming from stock 4.0.2 Should i be seeing any better specs by now? I don't have setcpu installed, but from what i understand the rom underclocks the cpu to 700 while screen is off correct? Also, i did notice under my kernal info i think its the same as the stock one, is that correct too? Just a modified stock kernal? Or do i need to set up some profiles under setcpu to utilize the underclocking while screen is off.

Maybe it was running very well while just rooted stock, but im just not seeing any better performance since flashing 2.1.1... maybe i'm missing something?

OP
BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
So I've been using 2.1.1 for most of the day so far (roughly 7 hours), and i haven't noticed any major changes coming from stock 4.0.2 Should i be seeing any better specs by now? I don't have setcpu installed, but from what i understand the rom underclocks the cpu to 700 while screen is off correct? Also, i did notice under my kernal info i think its the same as the stock one, is that correct too? Just a modified stock kernal? Or do i need to set up some profiles under setcpu to utilize the underclocking while screen is off.

Maybe it was running very well while just rooted stock, but im just not seeing any better performance since flashing 2.1.1... maybe i'm missing something?

Yes, this is an optimized stock ROM. There were some very promising changes made in this ROM. For one mike1986 disabed software rendering and enabled full GPU rendering so graphic and animations should be smoother and there is less load on the CPU which helps with multi-tasking. ICS out the box was running good but mike1986 has optimized it quite well, the average user probably won't notice anything but after running a benchmark test I saw in he graph what has performed better. Writes to the internal memory seem faster, 2D and 3D graphics appear to be running better, RAM and CPU are showing better than stock. So there are improvements, maybe not noticeable but they are there nonetheless.

The kernel is an optimized stock kernel, the voltage has probably been lowered a bit for better battery life and CPU temperatures.

Also with setCPU you can underclock it to 350mhz(min) and 350mhz(max) when screen is off which will greatly increase your battery life. Haven't had one problem with this configuration and battery life has been great IMO.

NattyBee

Reaction score
looks good! I'll probably flash this tomorrow evening after work. Ext 4, eh? Nice!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get gmail to sync on this rom to save my life, cleared data, tried to resync my gmail account, nothing is working. Anyone else experiencing this?