RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Still rocking the Rezound and have yet to see a device that gives me the slightest desire to upgrade (it's going to be a while if I have to pay retail, unless I part ways with my unlimited data). Going to flash some JB soon...

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I'm hoping this means that the Droid 5 is on the horizon. Some specs I hope too see in the Droid 5 besides better cpu and a physical keyboard are a user removable/replaceable battery and NFC. The Droid 4 is nice but tends to suffer from lag and the lack of NFC and non-removable battery just kills it's longevity.

If Motorola continues to turn out phones with non-removable batteries I will be looking at other manufactures for my next Android phone. Motorola's engineers, designers, and developers need to get a clue.

Amen. I really hope that they make a D5 soon. As for the batt, if they can put a maxx batt on D5, i'm good with that :). Better camera is needed as well.

GigaJake

Reaction score
And so begins the end of the Motorola Droid series... And I still have my Droid 4.... my precious...

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

npro1464

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean the end of the Moto Droid series. The D4 was a solid phone, it had an awesome keyboard, and perfect size screen but it was too damn thick! Now that it seems the last of Motorola's old guard's phones have been put out, I'm excited to see where Google takes this company.

silverfang77

Reaction score
We keyboard uses need to make our wishes known on Motorola's fora.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So, I guess this is their way of reneging on their earlier promise to port Jelly Bean to the D4? I'm not at all a Happy Camper(tm)...

Just because a device goes end of life doesn't mean the updates will stop. It just means Verizon will no longer sell that device. I don't think Google wants Motorola to continue down the road of broken promises that so many manufacturers have found themselves on when it comes to future updates.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I am surprised the Samsung galaxy Nexus should be on that list.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I am surprised the Samsung galaxy Nexus should be on that list.

I think the Galaxy Nexus is already end of life. It's no longer available from Verizon.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I knew this day would come....:sad: Thankfully my Razr is still going strong! The only problem I have is that I should've gotten the Maxx. Guess I'll have to buy the conversion kit at some point.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I knew this day would come....:sad: Thankfully my Razr is still going strong! The only problem I have is that I should've gotten the Maxx. Guess I'll have to buy the conversion kit at some point.

Once my Droid 4 croaks I'll get the Droid 4 Maxx.... oh, wait...

I guess I'll spring for the Droid 4 M... oh, hold on...

Perhaps the Droid 4 HD? No, wait, that's not right...

Definitely the Droid 5... um, maybe...

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

ohisee

Reaction score
Warranty Replacement

I have a razr maxx can I call for a factory replacement and get the maxx hd sent out?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Im guessing the s3 is almost out cause of the s4

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

I kind of doubt it, especially since we're probably still a good 4-6 months away from the S4 becoming available on Verizon. They're simply just cutting out the more expensive 32GB model. The cheaper 16GB model, the one that most people buy, isn't going anywhere. If the sales warranted keeping the 32GB around, I'm sure it wouldn't be on its way out quite yet.