RIP my first shattered droid =(

Mikey311

Reaction score
It was a gloomy cold day while walking through a small shopping center in my town. my droid x vibrated in my pocket and as i was lifting it out, it slipped. i watched in slow motion as it fell to its doom and heard the loud pop as it hit the cold grey concrete.

You've served me well DX....i will never forget you

got insurance though, should cost $89 for a replacement.

Rocko

Reaction score
Well not having that bulk just cost you $89.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ugh, good thing you had insurance man! I always tell myself it could have been worse!

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
Well not having that bulk just cost you $89.

would that thin rubber thing really have saved it? the corners are what causes it to shatter like that right? i guess it may have lessened the impact. oh well. i'm gonna try to find a work around and figure out a manufacturer defect that i might be able to get replaced for free =) haha

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i'm gonna try to find a work around and figure out a manufacturer defect that i might be able to get replaced for free =) haha

Won't happen.....

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
At least you have insurance. There is no work around for your acident and as Martin stated talk on insurance fraud is not allowed in the forum.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
Oh its not fraud! I apologize if it came off like that. My headphone jack is actually messed up. My phone works but my headphone jack is loose and disconnects if I move whatever I have plugged in. Is that considered a manufacturer defect?

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Oh its not fraud! I apologize if it came off like that. My headphone jack is actually messed up. My phone works but my headphone jack is loose and disconnects if I move whatever I have plugged in. Is that considered a manufacturer defect?

Im pretty sure it would, but the shattering may have in some ways voided your warrantee

Lax bro, closet geek

droided1

Reaction score
Wow. Such serious people. Eh, made me laugh op.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

You should have RMA'd it before you dropped it, then.

Now that it's been dropped, any damage will be blamed on the drop. You will have to pay the deductible, and be more careful next time.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
Darn. Oh well. I never break phones. Im usually careful