Ringtones

Brittany

Reaction score
For some reason, when i go through the scroll list of my ringtones... the preview for each one is this annoying alarm sounding tone. That is the only sound my phone will make regardless of what ringtone i set it on. Just wondering if anyone knows a quick fix or has had the same issue!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Default ringtones only? I know there are issues with the X and ringtones and so does Motorola (supposed to be sending out a fix for it).

For some reason, when i go through the scroll list of my ringtones... the preview for each one is this annoying alarm sounding tone. That is the only sound my phone will make regardless of what ringtone i set it on. Just wondering if anyone knows a quick fix or has had the same issue!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

Brittany

Reaction score
I just checked and the notification ringtones seem to play.. so just any default ringtone, downloaded ringtone, or a ringtone i have made from mp3 files do not play nor do they work if i set a customized one for a certain contact.. just that dang alarm sound lol hopefully i can figure something out before i go partially insane

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Daaaang! I bet that's annoying!! How long have you had it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
I remember when I use to have to have Moto Razor
This phone had the ability to set a ringtone for seperate contacts, so when one of contacts would Call/Text that selected ringtone would play..I'm not seeing it on the Droid X, I mean u can set a ringtone for a contact but, it only plays when the person is calling...now the way I see it the Moto Razor compared to my DX is like comparing VHS to Blu-Ray.....