Ringtones and Notifications tones

ram1970

Reaction score
All of a sudden since this recent firmware update all of my ringtones and notification tones keep changing. Anyone else having this frustrating issue? If so does anyone know a fix?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

eFree

Reaction score
Yes. Since last update (December), whenever I reboot my phone it resets my ringtones/notifications. What's funny is it will just start playing some random song in my MP3 folder.

Old_Professor

Reaction score
Ring & notification tones changing by themselves

I'm new to Android. My Palm Centro died and I bought a Motorola DROID 4 because it has a real keyboard. I'm so frustrated that I'm thinking of returning it within the allowed period. Maybe I should get a Blackberry or an iPhone? Having invested much too much time getting basic functions to work, I'd like to try solving the changing tone problem before giving up.

The default function to sound a notification for a calendar meeting didn't work. I searched and found Calendar Event Reminder, which appears to work as advertised. But this morning it sounded an unfamiliar tone instead of the one I selected, which worked yesterday. This appears to be the same problem that others have reported in this thread.

From my limited experience, it appears that the default apps and built-in function in the Android are faulty. I can't get the functionality I had with a Palm Pilot! It seems that the general solution is to find an app that does the job right. In this thread and related ones, I've seen a few apps mentioned. The one getting the most positive feedback is Ringtone Manager Pro. I thought I'd ask for advice before giving it a try.

Thanks in advance for your help.