Double Ring Tone & Text Notification

Christy3510

Reaction score
Recently my phone has started ringing double, two ring tone at once, same with text notifications. Not sure how to fix it, I use Go SMS Pro and I have turned off the stock messaging.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you use any other apps that have access to notifications?

I know some LED color change apps have that ability.

OP
Christy3510

Christy3510

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll have to check, I have been trying out some profile managers. Using "My profiles" right now - I'll see if that has something to do with it.

OP
Christy3510

Christy3510

Reaction score
I checked all that, still not working. And, what's weird is the notifications are different! One comes from go sms, the other from the volume setup. For ringtones, one from volume setup, other from ringtone maker.....

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I checked all that, still not working. And, what's weird is the notifications are different! One comes from go sms, the other from the volume setup. For ringtones, one from volume setup, other from ringtone maker.....

Ok so what if you remove the programs in question, or disable all notifications in all of the programs. I think you have too many programs dedicated to notifying you and/ or none of them set to off if you have another working for you.

Sent from my RZRecovery'd Overclocked, and ROM'd Droid.

Jimh4662

Reaction score
Messagges, gmail, HTC default all have notification alerts, let alone any other describe by other replyer. Start rooting through the apps and turn off until u locate. I had the same problem drove me nutty. But fixed it. Ringtone makers can lay I'm background if you tried them.

Sent from my ADR,6400L using DroidForums

Bowtie

Reaction score
If you still can't get it to work right, then do a factory reset and start slowly installing your apps back and test it after each app installs, when it starts doing it again, you know which app it is.

OP
Christy3510

Christy3510

Reaction score
Thanks guys, gonna work on it tomorrow, it's driving me crazy. :)