ringtone sound low

zacedward

Reaction score
Hi has anyone else have this problem when i get a phone call my ringtone sound is very low for one second then it goes loud

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hi has anyone else have this problem when i get a phone call my ringtone sound is very low for one second then it goes loud

Mine does this as well. I think it's actually something done by design rather than being an unintended problem. I'm guessing the idea is to start the ring out a little softly so it's not so jarringly loud, and potentially startling, from the outset. The thought process might also be that it gives you a chance to answer/silence it before it becomes very loud if you want to (particularly in public or quiet places).

OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Mine does this as well. I think it's actually something done by design rather than being an unintended problem. I'm guessing the idea is to start the ring out a little softly so it's not so jarringly loud, and potentially startling, from the outset. The thought process might also be that it gives you a chance to answer/silence it before it becomes very loud if you want to (particularly in public or quiet places).

Ok thanks makes me feel better

Beka27

Reaction score
This is intentional. I actually prefer it this way since my phone is usually within a few feet of me anyways, so I don't need a super loud ring. When notifications go off loudly and suddenly, it does tend to be "jarring". I also have my alarm to gradually increase in volume, rather than a quick and sudden burst.

Are you missing phone calls because it's not loud enough or did you think that this was a defect with yours?

OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
Beka27 said:
This is intentional. I actually prefer it this way since my phone is usually within a few feet of me anyways, so I don't need a super loud ring. When notifications go off loudly and suddenly, it does tend to be "jarring". I also have my alarm to gradually increase in volume, rather than a quick and sudden burst.

Are you missing phone calls because it's not loud enough or did you think that this was a defect with yours?

I just thought it was a defect glad to know its not thanks

kparks

Reaction score
zacedward said:

Try hitting the up button on the left side of the phone :)

OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
kparks said:
Try hitting the up button on the left side of the phone :)

Tryed it my ringer volum is all the way up its just low for 1 second then its loud all the way

kparks

Reaction score
zacedward said:
Tryed it my ringer volum is all the way up its just low for 1 second then its loud all the way

Lol I was joking haha.... I haven't noticed it on mine but my ringer is rarely on I don't like being bothered

OP
zacedward

zacedward

Reaction score
kparks said:
Lol I was joking haha.... I haven't noticed it on mine but my ringer is rarely on I don't like being bothered

Lol i dont blame u