Ringtone/Notification sounds switched

k_possum

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid Razr M. Every time someone calls me my notification sound plays instead of my ringtone. I have already restarted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled the ringtone and put the notification on silent. When on silent, it plays my alarm ringtone instead. I downloaded the ringtones through the app Zedge. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

OP
K

k_possum

Reaction score
Any kind of reply would be appreciated...this is getting very annoying. :/

Sent from my Droid Razr M from Tapatalk 4 <3

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum...Hmmm I'm not familiar with the M but is this happening with all ringtones you choose? Also do you have music on the phone maybe you can try to make a mp a ringtone to see if it switches or triggers differently...

OP
K

k_possum

Reaction score
Yes it does this with all ringtones and the one mp3 ringtone i made does the same thing, even when my notification sound is on silent.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That's not good.. Other than a factory reset I can't think of what would cause it.. Maybe someone with the phone can chime on another solution..

N2 Tap'd

OP
K

k_possum

Reaction score
A factory reset would definately suck but thanks for your help anyway. If anyone else has a possible solution please let me know.

gnwjr13

Reaction score
My ringtone worked fine until I had to do a factory reset for another issue. Now I'm having this very issue....