ringtone downloads

TinyTim

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and downloading ringtones is so easy, it's ridiculous. My step-daughter has an HTC Rezound and I've tried every way I can think of and nothing works. :angry: When I connect it to my laptop, look at the internal storage, I can't find ringtones anywhere or any other folder that might look even the slightest bit promising. Anybody out there know how to download ringtones from the net and then know where they land?

OP
T

TinyTim

Reaction score
Try an app called zedge.

What if I want to download ringtones from a specific website? Can I do that? And....how will this app allow me to find the ringtones I've downloaded and assign some of my contacts with a special ringtone?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download Zedge. Go to Zedge. Search for the ringtone you want. You can get just about anything you want as a ringtone. Try it and I'm sure you will not need to go anywhere else look for a ringtone.

Download it from their site. Then you can set it as a default ringtone or as an individual ringtone. When you elect to change the ringtone, it will ask you where you want it to look. Select the Zedge folder.

acejavelin

Reaction score
What if I want to download ringtones from a specific website? Can I do that? And....how will this app allow me to find the ringtones I've downloaded and assign some of my contacts with a special ringtone?
I am not sure I understand your issue here... if you want to download a ringer from a wesbsite, the browser will do that and place it into the Download folder which is accessible with any file browser or from the Downloads link in the App menu. To add a file to a contact, just go to the contact and edit and change the ringtone.

Worst case, depending on the ROM, you might have to move the file from Downloads to Ringtones... any simple file manager from the Play Store can do that, ES File Manager for one.

OP
T

TinyTim

Reaction score
Download Zedge. Go to Zedge. Search for the ringtone you want. You can get just about anything you want as a ringtone. Try it and I'm sure you will not need to go anywhere else look for a ringtone.

Download it from their site. Then you can set it as a default ringtone or as an individual ringtone. When you elect to change the ringtone, it will ask you where you want it to look. Select the Zedge folder.

Thanks. It solved the problem, but interestingly, when I hook the phone up to my laptop, I still can't see where the ringtones are stored.

OP
T

TinyTim

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand your issue here... if you want to download a ringer from a wesbsite, the browser will do that and place it into the Download folder which is accessible with any file browser or from the Downloads link in the App menu. To add a file to a contact, just go to the contact and edit and change the ringtone.

Worst case, depending on the ROM, you might have to move the file from Downloads to Ringtones... any simple file manager from the Play Store can do that, ES File Manager for one.

Have you ever connected a Rezound to a laptop and looked at it's contents? There are two files and a list of a few other things. Once you download a ringtone, you can't see where it was downloaded to or where the other zillion ringtones are filed. If I connect my Samsung Galaxy Nexus to my laptop and open it, I can see all sorts of files. If I've downloaded a ringtone to my laptop, I can simply drag and drop it into the ringtone folder. Easy peazy. You can't do that with a Rezound. Zedge was the answer - a program that made the entire process so easy. But I still don't know where the ringtones are hidden. :disappointed:

acejavelin

Reaction score
Have you ever connected a Rezound to a laptop and looked at it's contents? There are two files and a list of a few other things. Once you download a ringtone, you can't see where it was downloaded to or where the other zillion ringtones are filed. If I connect my Samsung Galaxy Nexus to my laptop and open it, I can see all sorts of files. If I've downloaded a ringtone to my laptop, I can simply drag and drop it into the ringtone folder. Easy peazy. You can't do that with a Rezound. Zedge was the answer - a program that made the entire process so easy. But I still don't know where the ringtones are hidden. :disappointed:
lol... I have connected the Rezound, and dozens of other phones, to many computers, hundreds of times. They are there, where things download too is app specific. The only parts of the file system you can't see are other partitions than the sd storage partitions. You can just make a folder on your sd card called "Ringtones" and put any MP3 or other supported audio file on it and use it as a ringtone, done it lots of times.

OP
T

TinyTim

Reaction score
lol... I have connected the Rezound, and dozens of other phones, to many computers, hundreds of times. They are there, where things download too is app specific. The only parts of the file system you can't see are other partitions than the sd storage partitions. You can just make a folder on your sd card called "Ringtones" and put any MP3 or other supported audio file on it and use it as a ringtone, done it lots of times.

I've got that p.o.s. Windows 8.1, which may not matter, and it won't let me make a new folder. She's got so much crap downloaded on her phone anyway, that the phone is probably trying to tell me something. Like "are you serious man? Something else?" :shocked-b: