Ringer volume lock?

qoncept

Reaction score
It seems like just about every time I look at my phone, the volume level isn't where I last set it. The buttons are just too easy to accidentally push. I hated that the volume buttons on the side of my Blackberry didn't adjust the ringer volume, but now I miss it. Anyone know of an app that locks the volume buttons and just lets you set it through the app?

volantsolo

Reaction score
An app with widget that locks the ringer volume would be the first I'd actually shell out bucks for. I'm really amzed there is not something out there yet to do this.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
I tried that, it lets you set the ringer volume but not lock it. This sounds like the perfect simple little app to finally get me to dig in to the SDK.

kbly

Reaction score
Well, if you mean by 'lock' that it disables the volume switch - it does not. What it does is return the ringer volume to the level you set in the app a second or two after you (inadvertently?) stop using the volume switch on the phone. The other volume settings (media, etc.) do not seem to be affected. Also, the app does not autostart, so you have to start it manually and note the ladybug icon in the status bar.

Anyway, works for me when I unintentionally activate the volume switch.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
Oh, guess I was too impatient to wait a couple seconds, I'll try it again. I did fire up eclipse tonight and the API does let you respond to volume change events, so I may still give it a try l. But after 8+ hours of development at work I always feel too burnt out to do much when I get home.