Ringer turns off

tituswife

Reaction score
I check my ringer; it's on full. I miss calls (thankfully, I have an app to notify me, since this "smartphone" doesn't). When I look at phone, it's set on vibrate.

I've checked all the app settings which could interfere, but that hasn't helped. I know I need to do a factory reset, but I'd like to wait until the Kit Kat update.

Any ideas? Thanks so much, everyone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmmm ..I've seen others mention same bug on different devices too ..I agree factory reset but since KitKat is updating now I'd wait ..other than I'm sure you changed the ringtones ..I can't think of anything specific ..you are stock?

M8 tap'd

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Yes, I'm stock. I have tried changing ringtones, but that doesn't fix it. The phone just changes the settings. I'm hoping a reset will fix it, and that it isn't the hardware.

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
I updated to Kit Kat last night. It appears to have fixed the ringer problem. I performed a "wipe cache partician," but not a factory reset.

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I updated to Kit Kat last night. It appears to have fixed the ringer problem. I performed a "wipe cache partician," but not a factory reset.

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

Glad you got it resolved.