Ringer/Notifications Cut Off or Don't Sound at All

Detonation

Reaction score
As of recent, my ringtones and notifications are basically broken. My text/voice mail notification only goes off for a split second (if it does at all) and my phone's ringer doesn't ring when receiving calls. Earlier, these symptoms were sporadic, but now its pretty much constant.

I have verified the phone is set to ringer, volume is all the way up, and quiet on pick up is off. I've also restarted the phone multiple times. The only thing I haven't done yet is factory reset it, but I'm going to take it into a store first before I do that (I assume they'll just have me do the same thing though).

Has anyone else had this problem? My phone is actually a CLNR, so I'm worried its a bum refurb like so many are. Its such a pain in the a** to have to get your phone replaced, re-setup everything again, and buy and/or install the screen protectors again.

OP
Detonation

Detonation

Reaction score
Turns out it was the app "Doodle Bowling" I recent got that was causing the problems. My sounds were working fine this morning, so I suspected it was some app running in background that closed overnight. Opened up Doodle Bowling and sure enough, notifications were being cut off and the ringer was broke. Kind of a bummer because that was a fun game.