Bionic - turn off notification sound (email) without turning off phone ringer?

Derekweb

Reaction score
Bionic - turn off notification sound (email) without turning off phone ringer?

Much more confusing than OD. Or maybe I'm nutz.

OP
D

Derekweb

Reaction score
Thanks, found within the apps and not in general sound settings.

sbodell

Reaction score
turning email notification off

I am using the gmail app and cannot find how to turn email notification off anywhere - unless I want the ringer off too.

idefiler6

Reaction score
You have to turn off the option to keep ringer and notification in one volume control, that gives you a slider for notification. Settings > Sound > Volume > Checkbox.

sbodell

Reaction score
Not a very intuitive approach. Further exacerbated by the fact that I came from the Motorola Atrix - an almost identical phone (though the bionic has MUCH better battery life and different crapware) - and it does this function differently.

scdown

Reaction score
Not a very intuitive approach. Further exacerbated by the fact that I came from the Motorola Atrix - an almost identical phone (though the bionic has MUCH better battery life and different crapware) - and it does this function differently.

Welcome to the world of Android fragmentation. With all of the skins applied by manufacturers (and the rate of change within those lines), Android doesn't look like Android across the board. Hopefully, ICS and JB will mitigate the need for these skins, and the UI experience will become more consistent, but that will be some time coming.