rild?

The first time I got that RILD process I had to shut my phone off and reboot. The next time I got it I wasn't able to get rid of the process with just a reboot , I had to actually turn the phone off for a minute or two and then reboot. I haven't seen the process since.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

The first time I got that RILD process I had to shut my phone off and reboot. The next time I got it I wasn't able to get rid of the process with just a reboot , I had to actually turn the phone off for a minute or two and then reboot. I haven't seen the process since.

Good thought. Computer's do get run away processes sometimes and, although it's easy to overlook, the Razr is a computer.

I was going through airport security and the signs all said to have your laptop out in a separate bin, etc. So I asked the TSA guy if he wanted me to do that with "this" (holding up my Razr) and he replied, "No, that's just a phone." Uh, okay. But don't say that too loudly because many folks think smart phones are replacing pc's. During the last three months of 2010, 94m PCs were sold – and 100m smart phones. But hey, who am I to argue with TSA? That's a good way to miss your flight! Shutup.gif

I too am having a rild issue. I bought my RAZR in late November of '11 I've never really had an issue with the battery. I charge it in the morning and it would last till that night. Granted I really don't use it a whole lot. But even when i do watch videos and such I never really had an issue to complain about. However, this one started yesterday. I was texting and suddenly my battery is at 30% and my phone goes to battery saver mode which is how I have it set in the smart actions. Now, the only thing that was different was I downloaded the Facebook messenger app, so I deleted it and the problem did not go away. I looked the see what was draining my battery and it was the evil rild. Now I know what it is, doesn't change the fact that in the past five months I've never seen it on my battery usage screen. Very irritating.

Ok, rild for two days and now back to normal. Just wish there were more exact answers on why it shows up temporarily.

I had a return of "rild" yesterday, too. I'm with you, I wish there were more answers on why this is. I haven't yet been able to find a pattern.

I had a return of "rild" yesterday, too. I'm with you, I wish there were more answers on why this is. I haven't yet been able to find a pattern.

Where are you all seeing this "rild"? Menu>settings>Battery information>battery use?

Yes. When I go into "running services" it does not show up.

So you see it in the "battery use" in the settings? Not in Menu>manage apps>running services?

I am still a little confused on where everyone sees RILD using the battery

You won't see it if it's not a running program. If it is running, you'll notice because your battery will last maybe 3-4 hours depending on use. For example, when it was running on my phone I could literally watch my battery level drop while on the internet looking for the cause of "rild".

I have seen this also, rapid battery drain and RILD was the eater.
Either turning off phone or rebooting cleared it, but I play with a lot of apps and did a factory reset last week, so I really have no idea of cause and effect.

I just read up a bit on the RILD on the AOSP pages, and it seems that it is also of utmost importance when it comes to establishing and maintaining a data connection. Basically, anything that uses the CDMA/LTE baseband relies on the RILD.

If RILD is suddenly causing battery drain on your device, my first guess would be local tower issues. Perhaps your device is constantly losing connection and reconnecting, or dropping from 4G->3G and vice-versa.

Also just read that some people were having RILD issues with "Instagram" installed. Uninstalled, and the issue went away. YMMV.

It's baaaaack! Again noticed my battery usage was more than it should be and rild was the culprit. I don't have instagram installed nor Facebook and I have 4g turned off. Now that it send to not be a one-off occurrence I'm going to pursue resolution with
Motorola.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Find the answer?

I have had the phone for almost a month now and this just popped up, charger cannot keep up with how much this thing is draining my battery. I have not installed anything new. Have not had the chance to check and see if there are tower issues in my area yet. Was just wondering if Motorola had an answer for you

Back