Ride the TB out til Gingerbread or go iPhone?

onefast96svt

Reaction score
OK so Im on my 2nd TB and I had 7 Droid X, I have problem after problem with droids. I want to love it so bad. With all that I know it can do over what an iphone can, its great. But I know when I had my iphone with at&t I had no problems what so ever(software)!

So here is whats going on with the TB this time:

` ended calls, not dropped, but just end. It can be 2 seconds into conversation, 1 min, or 10 mins and it will just end. I can can call back 3 or 4 times in a row and it will do the same, just end`but yet full signal. these dropped calls also happen on my wifes Ally and a women a work on her brand new Droid 3

`gps will stop working and say signal interupted. it keeps trying to find signal and never does, but if I end the program and start it back up it will find it no problem

` sometimes 4g moves at a snails pace, sometimes I cant even get internet service. I actually have to reboot to get internet. Also goes slow or not at al with wifi, shows full signal but does nothing

` screen, buttons, actions move slow at times. A little laggy, I can be typing and it will show nothing and then all of a sudden pops a paragraph on the screen

`when Im typing sometimes random letters will pop up in words

`there is more but I cant remember off hand

There is also the horrible battery issues. I rooted awhile back and removed all apps except the few I didnt use, cut off alot of programs that HTC put on here and the battery still lasted the same short amount of time. I was thinking of rooting again and trying out the leaked GB with the new radio to see if it would fix some issues IM having with the signal/gps stuff. I dont know, I feel Im at a loss and should get an iphone and be happy with the few basic things I can do with it. Yall tell me what you think.

bases1616

Reaction score
You might as well go with the IPhone 5 coming out next month or early October. I love my TB, but it sounds like you are just jinxed with Android phones. Only thing no 4G until the IPhone 6. Ever since the last update I have had no reboots and my TB is running great. I have a few friends with the Droid X and they all love it!

thelopenator

Reaction score
You traitor don't go with the iphone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Flash either uber bamf or their 2.11 rom and then don't f with it. I'm guessing you've done this to your phone, as there's no reason to be having that much trouble with it.

Or, by all means, go elsewhere where you can be protected from yourself.

thelopenator

Reaction score
There ya go. Our go with eaton rom

GolfOx

Reaction score
Blame it on solar flares and love the Tbolt

zena.10

Reaction score
I'm having no reboots since last,update either.can't wait till thunderbolt gets ginger.