rezound warranty question?

tyler58

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently been having issues charging my phone. you have to wiggle it in order for the phone to charge and its very annoying. I fear the problem will get so bad the phone doesn't charge at all. It's not the charger I've tried several others and still the same thing. I think its the charger port itself. Anyway my phone has alot of scratches on the screen and a scratch on the camera lens it doesn't effect the camera tho. I was wondering if Verizon would still give me my warranty even with the scratches on my phone. Thanks for the advice.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
In my experience, unless the phone is beat to death, condition is negligible in warranty returns.

When my Rezound had to be replaced, it had some scratches on the screen. About 4 years ago, I did a warranty replacement on a Samsung Omnia (yes, I know, I was desperate for a smartphone) that had teeth marks from my then 4-month-old dog.

Just a thought, does this happen with the HTC-style cords, or the regular micro-USB cords, or both? I find that the regular micro-USB wiggle a lot, but the HTC-style plugs dont.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
LtKen said:
In my experience, unless the phone is beat to death, condition is negligible in warranty returns.

When my Rezound had to be replaced, it had some scratches on the screen. About 4 years ago, I did a warranty replacement on a Samsung Omnia (yes, I know, I was desperate for a smartphone) that had teeth marks from my then 4-month-old dog.

Just a thought, does this happen with the HTC-style cords, or the regular micro-USB cords, or both? I find that the regular micro-USB wiggle a lot, but the HTC-style plugs dont.

If you are using the micro USB connection that universal with any phone out there after time of unplugging and plugging it back in it will wear it out unless you are using the OEM HTC resound plug. If you lost it there is a company that sells it for $12 plus shipping. It's the only company out there that I know of that sells it. Go to the xda forums under resound and accessories. There's a thread that talks about it. I think the company is called Expansys. I ordered one from that but it took alittle over a week to get here. There weren't any in stock when I ordered. Hope this helps.