Rezound $199 on VZW!

B

budmonster

Kind of messed up. I upgraded to the GNEX and was told I had to the 15th to return it. I did return for a $35 restocking fee, then go the Rezound. Can I still get $100 credited? What should I say to the CSR, I have a feeling that aren't going to give in easily? They should give us the difference especially since where still in that "return" period.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its always worth the phone call! The worst they can say is "NO" and at least you said you tried. Depending on how long you have been with them, use that to your advantage.

OP
B

budmonster

Worked for me, first try. All he did was call the store to confirm the price and credited me the money on my next bill. He didn't give me any problems, all I said was I ordered the phone for $299 and I saw $100 price drop.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Wonder how long they honor the lower price. 14 days? 30 days? Until Jan 15 (if purchased after 11/15/11 and before 12/28/11)?

Edit: Can't get a credit from VZW since I purchased the phone at a Verizon store. It's off to the store where I bought the phone to see what they are selling it for now, and decide if I want to go through the hassle of actually returning the phone, paying the $35 restocking fee, and then buying the phone back. Doubt if I would do that for $65, since I have a perfect phone now.

Edit: Got a FULL refund of the price difference ($100 + tax) at the corporate store! Woohoo! At first, rep said refund was only for 14 days, then I told her about calling VZW and was told I'd have to go to the store. She decided to double check, and then found out from her superiors that she could process the full refund.

Last edited:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worked for me, first try. All he did was call the store to confirm the price and credited me the money on my next bill. He didn't give me any problems, all I said was I ordered the phone for $299 and I saw $100 price drop.

nice! like I said, I always use the motto "it never hurts to ask" lol

samiusmc

Reaction score

Did you go to the store or just call?

Edit: I just called. They took care of it, no problem. This makes the Rezound an even better choice. $199 and a superior phone!

Last edited:

samiusmc

Reaction score
Kind of messed up. I upgraded to the GNEX and was told I had to the 15th to return it. I did return for a $35 restocking fee, then go the Rezound. Can I still get $100 credited? What should I say to the CSR, I have a feeling that aren't going to give in easily? They should give us the difference especially since where still in that "return" period.

As I stated above, I got the $100 back and I even got them to credit back the restocking fee. I told her I loved the Nexus but it was defective and it wasn't fair to charge restocking for a phone I wanted to keep, if it worked. She agreed and credited back the $35.00.

blownfuse25

Reaction score
Got a $100 credit also.. no problems, but I was within 14 days of purchase... Thanks for the hint, would have never known if it hadn't been for the forum...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score
Called customer service and got a $100 credit too. Sold my iBeats headphones on eBay for $90, so that puts the phone at just a little over $100. Not bad for the best phone on Verizon :D

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm gettin' some push back on my credit. Not sure if the rep on the phone knows whats going on.