Verizon Adjusts Return Policy for the Holidays

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC Sense is awesome and that HTC Sense is the worst.
Moto Blur is spectacular and Moto Blur is the and epic fail.
Sammy TouchWiz is horrible and Sammy TouchWiz is the bees-knees.

I can back this up. Only you can decide. A lot of us here prefer pure android with no manufacturer skin, but this is also an opinion.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can back this up. Only you can decide. A lot of us here prefer pure android with no manufacturer skin, but this is also an opinion.

Right... and really what it comes down to for me, specifically, is choice. The more I'm told that I have to do something or I have to use something, the less I want to and the more I'm going to resist it. Which is why I hate bloatware and why I hate the OEM UI's. Give me the option to uninstall all the bloat or turn off/uninstall the UI and then I'm much more likely to consider your device knowing I can try your UI for awhile and keep it if I like it or lose it if I don't (without having to go through the extra steps of rooting, I shouldn't have to go through steps that are considered out of "normal use" just to remove software from my phone).

So to answer akhenax's original question... I'm choosing a device without a OEM skin not because any of them are bad per se, but more because I stubborn. hahaha.

305rev305

Reaction score
Helllllo Rezound.

[Galaxy Nexus Releases]

Goooooodbye Rezound and Hellllllo Nexus.

I agree! Usually I don't like doing that but its their fault for saying its coming in Nov... Of course i will wait until the end of the month

sb1831

Reaction score
I'd go out on a limb and say that most of the people that bash the Moto UI still think that itis BLUR that was on the older handsets. The new UI which Moto doesn't even remotely resemble the trash that was on handsets when they introduced Blur. I actually don't mind it one bit. With that said though I think a lot of it is also just another form of venting about the bootloader issues on VZW handsets

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how hard it is to return a phone? Will you own it or have to pay more should you get a scratch or something on it?

Screaminz
It is pretty easy to do a swap return, even if there is a scratch, but this is only speaking for myself.
I recommend you try and do the following as this is how I have set things up over at my local Verizon.
Go to the store and wait until you can speak with someone who has a lot of experience on the android OS. This person will hopefully be a member of the root community. If this is the case, then you explain the entire situation to them and your concerns. Also if you find the person to seem informed, and contrary to popular belief there are many, tell them that you will make sure you purchase it through them as they get a commission. But the commission is based on the contract, and if you are going to swap the phone they will continue to receive the commission. Make sure you get a firm commitment that since you're giving them the business, all you desire is a seemless swap with no hitch. And again reconfirm that even if scratched, you will not have a problem with the swap.

This is exactly what I have worked out with a guy who I have befriended at my Verizon Center. He has been trained on ICS earlier last week. And also told me to wait until this week before buying anything. This was because he had heard rumblings of tweaking the swap policy for the better and thought I should see how it unfolds.

I just received an email from him today saying he has no new information, but that the delay talk is currently baseless.

So I think the most important variable for you to focus on is the sales person and if you can build some report with them. Since the majority of consumers treat sales people as though they are beneath them. People appreciate it when they are treated like a human being and usually they will show that appreciation in some way, shape or form.

Also find out what the full return policy is, as if it has more slack, then you go that route and make sure of all the ramifications.
As one of the options I discussed with my Verizon guy, was to purchase the RAZR and then if in 14 days no Nexus, return the phone and relink your service to your current phone. Then upon the Nexus release, buy that with the upgrade that will be reactivated upon the initial phone return.

Again, make sure you get all of this confirmed and agreed upon beforehand. Now you have created a symbiotic relationship, beneficial to both parties.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Screaminz
It is pretty easy to do a swap return, even if there is a scratch, but this is only speaking for myself.
I recommend you try and do the following as this is how I have set things up over at my local Verizon.
Go to the store and wait until you can speak with someone who has a lot of experience on the android OS. This person will hopefully be a member of the root community. If this is the case, then you explain the entire situation to them and your concerns. Also if you find the person to seem informed, and contrary to popular belief there are many, tell them that you will make sure you purchase it through them as they get a commission. But the commission is based on the contract, and if you are going to swap the phone they will continue to receive the commission. Make sure you get a firm commitment that since you're giving them the business, all you desire is a seemless swap with no hitch. And again reconfirm that even if scratched, you will not have a problem with the swap.

This is exactly what I have worked out with a guy who I have befriended at my Verizon Center. He has been trained on ICS earlier last week. And also told me to wait until this week before buying anything. This was because he had heard rumblings of tweaking the swap policy for the better and thought I should see how it unfolds.

I just received an email from him today saying he has no new information, but that the delay talk is currently baseless.

So I think the most important variable for you to focus on is the sales person and if you can build some report with them. Since the majority of consumers treat sales people as though they are beneath them. People appreciate it when they are treated like a human being and usually they will show that appreciation in some way, shape or form.

Also find out what the full return policy is, as if it has more slack, then you go that route and make sure of all the ramifications.
As one of the options I discussed with my Verizon guy, was to purchase the RAZR and then if in 14 days no Nexus, return the phone and relink your service to your current phone. Then upon the Nexus release, buy that with the upgrade that will be reactivated upon the initial phone return.

Again, make sure you get all of this confirmed and agreed upon beforehand. Now you have created a symbiotic relationship, beneficial to both parties.

danceswithbongs

*GASP* you're suggesting that you treat a Verizon salesperson as something other than an incompetent nitwit that knows nothing about phones! How can you suggest such a thing! :p

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Brilliant!
Screamin Mimi
I just sent an email to my guy asking what the policies specifics are regarding a scratch or ding, so you can know exactly how to proceed. I will post the info upon receipt.

danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Screamin
Just got reply from my boy at Verizon regarding return of phone with a scratch.

" The return of slightly damaged phones is up to the discretion of the manager on duty, so its a case by case basis."

Now he told me that I would not have to worry about that as he would make sure I will not have a single issue as the managers and he are friends and they have always stood by him on these matters.
Which I can confirm as my OG has been returned twice and the manager never was even consulted.

This is why I suggest you go now and try to find your diamond in the rough, as said diamond may well be working today but not tomorrow or vice versa. The more time and effort, the better the results.

danceswithbongs

RVC

Reaction score
This is total BS. I bought my phone on the 14th. What a crock...I hate Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums