Reviewing 2 TPU Minimal Cases

Desicrator

Reaction score
So I ordered two cases on amazon to replace the Carbon Fiber one I bought with it from Verizon.

I wanted to replace the Carbon Fiber one because it was too bulky, buy I had wonders over what kind of case to get, Hard cover? Rubber? or this TPU?(Which I had never heard of before.)

I came down to the
- $8.00 Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case for Motorola Droid X MB810 - Smoke grey
I figured this would be a safe bet because people seemed to like it, however A am not a fan of the design...

I also ordered a Black Trim Clear Ice Cube Case for Motorola Droid X (MB810)$8.81 this is TPU but with a plastic back, and kinda a cool design.

SO, I received them both today.

-Both cases are minimal, however the Argyle is a little thicker, but not a lot.
-The Plastic back on the Black Trim Ice cube, Feels great in my hand, almost like a full plastic case. while the argyle kinda slimy and like a silicone case.

And now to the biggest difference.
The side buttons

-The Argyle's side buttons are mushy and hard to access and cannot plug in a head phone because the hole is too small.

While the Black Trim Clear Ice Cube Case, hardened the TPU on the buttons, Literally feels like you are touching the buttons, I am not even exaggerating.

I would Recommend the Black Trim Clear Ice Cube Case for Motorola Droid X (MB810)
Amazon.com: Black Trim Clear Ice Cube Case for Motorola Droid X (MB810) Verizon Wireless: Cell Phones & Accessories
I bought mine from ClazzyGadgets, (not sure if there is different manufacturing by the companies)

I just wrote this up because I was looking for a comparing review of these two before I bought them. so maybe some one else could benefit from it, and heck even If you are skeptical it is only $8.00.

And yes I do realize there are cases that offer "better" protection, but I did not have 20+ dollars to spend on a single case. The TPU looks to offer solid protection from a standard drop.