Review: myCharge RazorMax 6,000 mAh Portable Charger

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mycharge-razormax-review-df.jpg

Are you a mobile power-user who is always stressed over your devices running out of juice? If so, the following review might be worth checking out. Thanks to a meeting at CES this year, we were lucky enough to get a review unit for the myCharge RazorMax 6,000 mAh Portable Charger, and decided to put it through its paces. Will it live up to the most demanding power-charging needs? Read on to find out!

First, let's take a gander at the device's technical specifications and pricing details taken directly from the myCharge website:

The myCharge RazorMax 6,000 mAh Portable Charger - retails for $69.99

OVERVIEW
- 27 hours of talk time
- Crafted from Anodized Aluminum
- Four-light LED battery indicator, shake to check battery level

TECHNOLOGY
- Smart-sense: ensures complete device compatibility
- Max-power: maximum power transfer from powerbank to device
- Power-stay: maintains battery power for up to 1 year
- High-density battery: the smallest and lightest powerbank
- Safe-cell: provides the highest level of battery safety
- Pass Through Charging: will charge the powerbank and connected device simultaneously

SPECS
- Battery: 6000mAh Lithium Polymer
- 2 built-in USB ports deliver a combined 2.4A output
- Product Dimensions: 4.4 in x 2.6 in x 0.5 in
- Product Weight: 0.38 lbs.

INCLUDED
- Recharge cable
- Quick Start Guide

Now that we have the nitty gritty out of the way... what's the bottom line? How well did the myCharge perform for our editors in testing? How much did we like it?

For starters, the myCharge Razor Max is an aesthetically pleasing device (although our review unit came with a tiny scratch on the front). Of course, how it looks is not nearly as important as how it functions, and we can definitively say that it works as advertised.

It charges devices pretty quickly (for example, we took a Nexus 5 from 59% to 100% in about 35 minutes). It holds quite a bit of charge, which is good for about 2-3 charges of your average smartphone. The RazorMax does a great job at charging two devices at the same time, which is a welcome feature. It even "comes pre-charged" from the factory.

It was surprisingly cool that you simply shake the device lightly to see the charging indicator so you know how much charge is left on it. The indicator is a bit simple, with just 4 LED lights to guide how much charge the unit holds, but it gets the job done. Furthermore, it takes overnight to charge the device to full from zero (which is about as long as your typical large tablet).

Finally, the RazorMax power pack includes pass-through charging (so you can charge devices on it even while it is plugged into a socket charging itself). It's easy to recommend this device for folks on the go. Even if you aren't a power user, if you find that your smart-devices need extra juice at times in your life when/where a plug is inconvenient, then the myCharge RazorMax 6,000 mAh Portable Charger is a great buy!

Here's an Amazon link if you don't want to get it from the OEM link above: Amazon.com: myCharge RazorMax 6000mAh Portable Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I agree. $70 is priced too high especially for only 6,000mAh.

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review! I will definitely consider one of these for my next trip.

knowlan22

Reaction score
Why buy anything but Anker? They sell a 20k mah battery for $40 on Amazon and they are fantastic products. I've owned two so far and take them where ever I travel.

Paying $70 for 6k mah is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They are all made in same factory in China and slapped different brand on them. So it's really irrelevant what brand it is as there are hundreds that all function the same.
Buying from Amazon gives me sense of security due to their hassle free return policy.

knowlan22

Reaction score
They are all made in same factory in China and slapped different brand on them. So it's really irrelevant what brand it is as there are hundreds that all function the same.
Buying from Amazon gives me sense of security due to their hassle free return policy.
Doubtful - there are plenty of manufacturers in China. I don't know about the other brands but Anker makes amazing products. I highly recommend giving them a chance.

I just found out they were founded by Google employees. Makes me feel even better!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk