Reverting back to 2.1 from 2.2

eqwalker

Reaction score
The 2.2 upgrade has broken more things than it has helped on my un-rooted Droid 1. I want to go back to 2.1 so my bluetooth devices will work again and other programs will work. Is there a way to revert back to 2.1? This 2.2 upgrade has been a disaster as far as I'm concerned.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 2.2 upgrade has broken more things than it has helped on my un-rooted Droid 1. I want to go back to 2.1 so my bluetooth devices will work again and other programs will work. Is there a way to revert back to 2.1? This 2.2 upgrade has been a disaster as far as I'm concerned.

It's a mandatory update. What have you done to see if you can resolve your issues? Have you tried to clear things up with a Factory Data Reset?

Even if you went back to 2.1 unless you rooted the update would be forced on your Droid again. Now there is another update going out, FRG22D.

Try to find a solution. Are you using a task killer? Get rid of it. Virus protection? Lose it. Something you are running is causing you issues and a Factory Data Reset will clear everything up for you.

DrThunder

Reaction score

I was able to install SPRecovery then a rooted version of 2.1. So my phone is back to 2.1. Not really the most user friendly process though. I would try what hookbill said first. Going back you will loss all data anyways so couldn't hurt.

tek56

Reaction score
Any luck with switching back to 2.1? How did it work out for you eqwalker? Was the process easy? I have two users that want to switch back, but if there is no point then I’m not going to. I’m going to do the factory reset in a few. I hope it fixes their issues.