Rev nightlys question

9wire

Reaction score
Are their nightlys up to date with the cm7 nightlys? In other words will the latest rev have everything cm7 nightly #60 has?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The rev ones should actually be a little more up to date. CM follows a pretty specific process to merge things such as fixes into their official nightlies and it has something to do with the way they build their source code, not exactly sure on the specifics of that though. But because of this the unofficial ones can get the fixes etc a little faster.

OP

9wire

Reaction score
Thank you. Wish I would have found them sooner. Gotta read a lot of stuff to keep up with everything.

InfrnalSky

Reaction score
I installed the 8-15 nightly over the standard nightlies and it put my phone into a boot loop. I wiped Dalvik. Can I just install the Rev's over the standard Nightlies or is there a certain procedure to follow?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The rev ones should actually be a little more up to date. CM follows a pretty specific process to merge things such as fixes into their official nightlies and it has something to do with the way they build their source code, not exactly sure on the specifics of that though. But because of this the unofficial ones can get the fixes etc a little faster.

No problem. And yes there is a ton of info out there to stay privy too. I guess I have too much time on my hands lol

I installed the 8-15 nightly over the standard nightlies and it put my phone into a boot loop. I wiped Dalvik. Can I just install the Rev's over the standard Nightlies or is there a certain procedure to follow?

I havent tried installing any nightlies on top of one another without wiping data, I just perfer not to. But from following the main CM thread I have seen many people post that they do it successfully with just wipping both caches. If there is a big change log or many differences between builds wiping data may be necessary as well. There is a good chance depending on how many different things rev has in his that it may be the case.

OP

9wire

Reaction score
I'm on my second or third nightly now, simple wipe dalvik and flash. First one right over cm7 nightly 58. Didn't even change my wallpaper. BTW, flashed the new radio with no issues as well.

chefb

Reaction score
I'm on my second or third nightly now, simple wipe dalvik and flash. First one right over cm7 nightly 58. Didn't even change my wallpaper. BTW, flashed the new radio with no issues as well.<br>
<br>
do you mean the new .602

OP

9wire

Reaction score
Yes.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Make sure you report back and let us know how it is going with the new radio!

OP

9wire

Reaction score
Not a huge difference, but seems like 3g is better, pages seem to load faster. Hard to tell otherwise, I don't have many areas of marginal signal, it's either all or nothing.

creaky

Reaction score
Not a huge difference, but seems like 3g is better, pages seem to load faster. Hard to tell otherwise, I don't have many areas of marginal signal, it's either all or nothing.

Link, please?

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

creaky

Reaction score
Thanks 9wire!

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

clouse2013

Reaction score

did you flash it onto cyanogen? I got a status 7 error in clockwerk when i tried to flash it. dont think it was a bad download but who knows.

OP

9wire

Reaction score
Yes, on the Rev 8/15 nightly. Takes a few minutes to flash, and you have to restart service. Might Google it, the link said there were 2 different files out there, I was searching for it from my phone and it was the first one I found. The thread I got mine from mentions the restoring service, just can't remember which forum it was, sorry! I'll keep looking in the meantime.