Just made the switch

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
New to liquid. Just installed last night from Rev's CM7 nightlies. Really liking Liquid so far. I love the extra lock-screens, i can still use theme chooser, and it is lightning smooth. This may become my new pony.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Heck yah!! Its a very good rom!! i just switched my girls D2 to this and she loves it! Its pretty awesome how it has a list of launchers and all of that good stuff and yep....very user friendly.

lpulle

Reaction score
K.C.--

KC or DRUMMER

What do have to do to switch from CM. Remember l am new to this stuff. Took a week to figure out the nighties

mgarney26

Reaction score
KC or DRUMMER

What do have to do to switch from CM. Remember l am new to this stuff. Took a week to figure out the nighties
i sbf'd back to 2.3.20 TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat using rsd lite 5.5 (Download RSD Lite 5.5 | staryus) when you get done with the sbf go and download gingerbread ( menu, settings, about phone, system updates.) after you update use the droid 3 one click root method to root. download the file for liquid 3.0 and place on your sd card. download d2 bootstrap open d2 boot strap click the top button first then (after it says success) click the second button to go into recovery. while in recovery wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. then go to install .zip from sd card look for the liquid file and install. that should get you on to liquid 3.0.

lpulle

Reaction score
Thanks Mgarney26--but I was hoping for an easy way as I get all dumfounded.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mgarney26

Reaction score
Thanks Mgarney26--but I was hoping for an easy way as I get all dumfounded.

Don't worry I was the same way a few months ago...just follow the instructions I gave and it will work...I promise

mgarney26

Reaction score
Also I could be wron but I'm pretty sure that's the only way to flash another rom to your phone.

MindArchr

Reaction score
I am on CM GB version.

Did you install the rooted GB (or the over the air version) before installing CM? Or did you just install CM without any extra steps? If you installed it over GB, then you can just wipe data/cache/delvik, and install the Liquid zip. If not, then you would need to install GB before installing Liquid.

mgarney26

Reaction score
Did you install the rooted GB (or the over the air version) before installing CM? Or did you just install CM without any extra steps? If you installed it over GB, then you can just wipe data/cache/delvik, and install the Liquid zip. If not, then you would need to install GB before installing Liquid.

Archer...are you saying that if I have the ota version of gb and install a rom then decide to go to another rom I don't have to sbf?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Archer...are you saying that if I have the ota version of gb and install a rom then decide to go to another rom I don't have to sbf?

That is correct. As long they require you to be on GB you should be able to wipe everything and install, no SBF. It is what I do on my DX and used to do with my D2.

mgarney26

Reaction score
That is correct. As long they require you to be on GB you should be able to wipe everything and install, no SBF. It is what I do on my DX and used to do with my D2.

I really wanna shoot myself in the head now...I did the whole sbf thing yesterday and darn near bricked my phone...still not sure how I scored on recovering the thing...wow...learn something ne everyday about these phones.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well dont do that, that would make SBFing or ROMing darn near impossible ;)

And yes you/I do learn something everyday, keeps it fresh. But definitely as long as you wipe you should be good. I always throw in that I am ready to SBF just in case something happens since you never know. But thats just me being overly cautious.

lpulle

Reaction score
Ya---the updated version is what I have---what you are saying is I can just install over CM----seeems too easy---explain how---not being a smart a**,but I don't know how.