returning the x

Signum

Reaction score
ive had all 3 phones now (moto, incredible, and now x) and to me i think the incredible is superior to them all. as such im returning the x. not that its a bad phone, but to each their own. coming from the incredible, the colors on the x are completely washed out. i find that the touchscreen is not as responsive as the incredible (could be my imagination, could be just my device, who knows). not only that, i doubt ill use the phone for anything it was designed for (780p, etc etc.)

if you've never had a droid, its a good place to start. but im just gonna go back to my incredible and wait until november of this year =)

trebb

Reaction score
Not that this will influence your decision, but the colors on the X AREN'T washed out - they're actually how colors should look. The Incredible (along with most AMOLED screens) are actually extremely oversaturated. If you're coming from that to the X, then yes, it will look different. I read some comparison between all the top tier smartphones, and the Droid X is actually the phone that best shows colors like they should be (over the iPhone, DINC, etc.).

hobby31

Reaction score
I've had all three also. The colors on the X look more like they should. The incredible looks to saturated to me. The yellows look orange to me on it. The incredible is a great phone but I'm staying with the X.

lanolar

Reaction score
The Incredible is a great phone also. To each their own. I like my X but I would of been happy I am sure with the Incredible also.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Unless you still have your Incredible. You will not have the same colors because there is no more AMOLED screens. They are going to LCD now.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was a tough call for me. UI on the Incredible is faster (UI) PERIOD. But battery life, HDMI out, and direct sunlight viewing converted me.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the htc incredible is the worst. Droid and Droid X better
Have you used the incredible? 3 of my crew swapped from the Droid after I got my incredible...My engineer is thinking of returning his X before the 30 days if he can get one...I may swap him my incredible for his X but I plan on either getting the Droid Pro of next HTC that comes out with a front camera.....But the Droid is not better and my incredible is faster than the X as well....

TurboTech

Reaction score
The screen on a Incredible reminds me of a lcd tv with the color cranked up to eye burning levels at bestbuy...The X looks just like my panny plasma screen dose, color wise...

jetdoc

Reaction score
I've had the DIC before the X. Maybe I am blind, but I don't see a big difference in the screen visually, actually they look the same to me, except the X is larger.

I thought the DIC's screen was overly sensitive to touch. Don't get me wrong, the DIC was a fine phone, but I was getting the random reboots, a lot.

The only thing on the X that I do not like is the external speaker, its waaaay too low, IMO.

OP
S

Signum

Reaction score
Unless you still have your Incredible. You will not have the same colors because there is no more AMOLED screens. They are going to LCD now.

i have my original inc i got back in may.

Immolate

Reaction score
I've become hooked on the solid, heavy, high-quality feel of the Moto's. I know I'll never go back to another Samsung or HTC. I don't know how I'll ever go back to a smaller screen again either. The X has rebaselined my expectations of what a phone should be.

Reaction score
this is my third day with the x and i have no clue what i plan on doing...i want froyo to come soon so i can see what the x will really be like and i also want to see the droid 2..i know the batteries on these phones are going to be worse than normal phones but wow...i was expecting it to be bad but i had no clue it would be this bad...so i really dont know what i should do....i like the incredible except for the amoled screen i dont like that colors at all...i wish i could see how the new ones look with the lcd..also i read a really in depth review about the x and the battery does very well for talk time which the incredible is really bad...yet the incredible does better for web browsing..idk i have a lot to consider...im searching all over for battery tips but if anyone has any please let me know on here....i have it in battery saver mode...auto brightness..maybe someone can explain the task killer apps to me....i see that whenever i turn my phone on skype is running and all this other stuff that is prob killing my battery...but idk what needs to be running and what doesnt..any info would be great thanks a lot

Akita

Reaction score
the htc incredible is the worst. Droid and Droid X better
Have you used the incredible? 3 of my crew swapped from the Droid after I got my incredible...My engineer is thinking of returning his X before the 30 days if he can get one...I may swap him my incredible for his X but I plan on either getting the Droid Pro of next HTC that comes out with a front camera.....But the Droid is not better and my incredible is faster than the X as well....
You mean that rumor that was started by some guy name "Bill" off the Howard Forums? Correct me if I am wrong but there isn't anything to validate those supposed specs. Besides, considering the nature of technology, of course theres always something better on the horizon.