Returning my nexus

prey

Reaction score
I would like to exchange my nexus to see if it help my signal and microphone issues...

I am within my 14 day window. Should I take it to a Verizon store?

And will I get a brand new phone or a returned phone?

I find it kinda crappy that my brand new phone would be replaced with a used phone right after I payed 100'a of dollars to get a new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inside 14 you should be receiving a BNIB phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry to hear the Nexus isn't working out for ya, good luck with the new phone

OP
prey

prey

Reaction score
What exactly is a BNIB phone??

I want a new nexus..btw. Just one that works.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
brand new in box

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
If you are in your 14 day window, they should give you a brand new one right there in the store. :) Good luck with the replacement!

nleksan

Reaction score
If they do try to give you a refurb and won't budge, tell them you do not feel that you are being treated properly and that you insist they flag the date and time of your visit under your account or something. I got scr**ed out of a BNIB phone while under the 30-day Holiday Coverage and despite all of the people I've talked with since saying that they do indeed see that I visited and asked for a replacement within the warranty period and did not receive one, they will not do anything about it (in store; the people on the phone have been very nice). This is the first issue I have had with Verizon in over a decade, and up until now their customer service, at least the few times I needed it, was excellent...

Funny thing is, I have a brother who is terrible with phones (i.e. he breaks them, like, at a ridiculous pace). Since he signed his newest contract 15 months ago, he has had the following:
HTC Incredible - New, purchased (first phone)
HTC Incredible - BNIB Replacement (49 days later)
Droid X - BNIB Replacement (3mo later)
Droid X - BNIB Replacement (1.5mo later)
Droid 3 - BNIB Replacement (2mo later)
Droid X2 - BNIB Replacement (1mo later)
HTC Incredible 2 - BNIB Replacement (31 days later)
Droid X2 - BNIB Replacement (22 days later)

He still has the last Droid X2 and is currently using it, but what amazes me is that he has NEVER gotten a single refurbished phone! He has not paid anything out of pocket for replacements, does not have any "Extended Warranty Coverage" for anything, and his contract and unlimited data plan remain unaffected...

Yet some of us struggle to get ONE replacement phone that hasn't been used (and possibly abused) by someone else...

I do wish you the best of luck! I hope you see your issues resolved with your new Nexus!

Devo_

Reaction score
I went back after three weeks with 3g problems and got a brand new one, good customer service :)

JosephWoods

Reaction score
Well they must give you a new phone if you are within that 14 day window. However, none of us is an official from Verizon. Only the verizon vendor would be able to 100% correct information. Besides that, do visit their website and see if you can get from there.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
If you have a hardware issue they should give you a new one in the store, after 14 days you have to take a refurb unit.

Keep in mind there is a list of issues that aren't hardware related so if you state one of those as why you want to return it they won't do an exchange.

OP
prey

prey

Reaction score
What issues are deemed to be hardware related right now?

WookieClaws

Reaction score
What issues are deemed to be hardware related right now?

Only ones I know of would be some signal issues and crashes. I haven't heard of too many though honestly. Most people have issues with the 3G/4G handoff and that's the SW/FW as far as I know.

OP
prey

prey

Reaction score
The issue with the microphone cutting out during calls and the person on the other line not hearing me.. is a software issue?