Restoring up apps with Titanium backup

gts38

Reaction score
Hello. Im new to all this stuff. I just got my Bionic. Before this i had a Droid 2. But Im trying to figure out the proper way to restore my apps on the new phone. Iv searched here and other sites. And i just cant find a real good guide. I dont wanna screw anything up.

Its just kinda confusing to me. But do you drag your old Titanium backup folder onto the new SD card. Then do the rest thur Titanium? Im just not sure what files Im supposed to bring over from my old SD card to the new SD card. Id appreciate any help.

OP
G

gts38

Reaction score
The title should say Restoring apps. Not Restoring up apps. Not sure why I put that

eplantz9

Reaction score
yes, make the backup on the previous phone. this will make a TitaniumBackup folder on your SD card. Do what you need to move it to the same location on the Bionic. You can then install from the Market Titanium Backup.

I'll warn you I had serious problems and ended up doing it differently. Titanium Backup copied some system file(s) that killed 4G LTE. I did it twice and it messed up twice.

here is what I ended up doing:

Just to mention the process:

1. I used Titanium Backup to make a backup of the apps and data from the Droid X
  2. Got the new phone, did initial setup and then one-click root.
  3. Copied backup folder onto it.
  4. Installed Titanium Backup and did a restore. It all worked but restored some system file so 4G LTE was dead. No data service.
  5. Did a FACTORY RESET.
  6. fyi: this does NOT remove root access.
  7. Tried it again with Titanium Backup specifying APPS and DATA. It still messed up 4G LTE.
  8. Backup to the Droid X. Did a backup with ASTRO FILE MANAGER (it has a tool to backup apps).
  9. FACTORY RESET AGAIN.
  10. Copied that backup folder to the Bionic
  11. Installed ASTRO
  12. Restored apps (does not restore data). Is not root capable so cannot change system files.
  13. 4G LTE working.
  14. Went to Titanium Backup to restore DATA ONLY form select apps that had that.
Seems to all be working fine. Bluetooth in car, wifi, etc.

Nice phone.

OP
G

gts38

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I think I can figure that out.