Restoring back up from .596 to .602?

meaker

Reaction score
I asked this in the general section with no response. I'm about to put the rooted .602 on my phone. Can I do a back up then sbf, reroot, install.602 and then restore my back up I made? I'm not sure cause the back up was made when the phone was on .596... Anyone done this before?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dizz

Reaction score
I know you can with titanium backup, ive read that you can do a nandroid backup and restore just the apps and data once reloaded with a rom, ill be trying the latter tonight or tommorow, depends on when I can sack up and update ....yay for the worlds longest run on sentence

Sent from my DROIDX

milski65

Reaction score
My understanding is if you do a backup of say DSX, then sbf and install 602, then go back into recovery select advanced, select restore data only it will bring you back to dsx with the new radio, but you'll be back on 596.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
well meaker, i guess you can be the first to try it. just document whether it worked or not. be sure to have time on your hands just incase you need to sbf or something.

Dugall12

Reaction score
I've installed rooted 602 then booted into recovery and restored a Liberty v9 596 base over it and it works fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums