Restore Deleted Files With Undeleter 3 Beta App

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
banner_undelete-files.jpg

We have all been there. You are trying to free up some space on your 16GB Android device so you can install a cool new game, or just take a few pictures on your phone. You go on a deleting rampage just to realize that you accidentally deleted a super important image, or document. Its lost in the sea of dead files forever never to be seen again. That is until Undeleter came along. This app allows you to restore those important files with ease. The only caveat here is that your device must be rooted.

The app was recently updated with an all new UI, and support for all volume types including FAT, EXT, RFS, and their derivatives. Features include restore any file that has not be written over, works with images/docs/video/music/archives/binaries, save files to dropbox or google drive. Head to the Play Store link below for the download.

Via Play Store

Last edited:

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Well I downloaded this and trying, but I guess it has to scan all your files on the storage you choose (Internal or sd card) before you get to the actual restoring files, it's been scanning my sd card for about 30-45mins now and it's only 18% lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well I downloaded this and trying, but I guess it has to scan all your files on the storage you choose (Internal or sd card) before you get to the actual restoring files, it's been scanning my sd card for about 30-45mins now and it's only 18% lol
Any updates? I'm real interested to see how well this actually works. It's a shame unfortunately that it requires root. Wouldn't it be nice to buy a dongle that plugs into the phone and it allows you to pull down all your information right onto itself through the USB otg adapter features.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Any updates? I'm real interested to see how well this actually works. It's a shame unfortunately that it requires root. Wouldn't it be nice to buy a dongle that plugs into the phone and it allows you to pull down all your information right onto itself through the USB otg adapter features.
Well I would have tested it by now but when it finished three hours later, it didn't prompt me to do anything so I backed out of the app then when I went back in later to try, it wanted to re-scan my files again! So I gave up for now, will definitely have it tested by tonight though.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Omg. That sucks. Better luck next time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
A deep scan for deleted files with xxGB of storage can take some time. The lack of a prompt after the scan was complete is a little troublesome.