Restore App to Drawer?

Mr Fett

Reaction score
I deleted an app from the "drawer", but I want it back. Anyone know how to do this?

I'm not rooted and I'm running HTC sense but have Launcher Pro too. I've tried reinstalling the .apk, but since it's a system app it won't let me re-install.

OP
M

Mr Fett

Reaction score
Flicker. I'm not very familiar with the Android OS and I don't know where apps are stored. I know that under System/apps there is a Flicker.apk and Flicker.odex, but that's not what "launches" the program is it? I wish it was as simple as Windows where you find the .exe and make a shortcut....end of story.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How did you go about removing Flickr? It's a system app, and you're not rooted, you shouldn't be able to remove this app.

OP
M

Mr Fett

Reaction score
From the "drawer"(tapping the icon with a circled arrow up) if you hold down on an apps icon you are then given the option of moving to a trash bin.

Flicker still shows up as an installed app under settings>applications>all apps, but I have no way of running the app.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's not how you would go about removing apps with LP, and it's still show under Applications, and thus still on your phone.

So right now, if you open the app drawer, Flickr is not listed at all?

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try this.

Press the Search button (magnifying icon).
Menu->Search Settings->Searchable items, then make sure Apps is checked.
Then go back to the Search box and type in Flickr, and see if it shows up.
If it does, select it and see if you can run it.

OP
M

Mr Fett

Reaction score
Nice suggestion, but it didn't show up.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My only other suggestions left are...

1) Since you are not rooted, do a factory reset. The app appears to still be on your phone, as it should. Not sure why it's not showing in app drawer or search though. I can't imagine LP behaving differently between rooted and nonrooted phones.

2) To root and then flash on a ROM that would have it. This is a bigger step though. One you should do some homework on if you're not familiar with.

OP
M

Mr Fett

Reaction score
Yeah, I was suspecting that a factory reset was going to be the only option...besides root that is. Thanks for taking the time to try and help. Much appriciated.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
Did you guy your Incredible through Verizon or from Craigslist? If you got it from Verizon as a Certified Used phone, then there might be a possiblility it is rooted and you just didn't know it.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
It sounds to me like your LauncherPro has blocked the app for ya! If you go into the settings for launcherpro the should be an option to show hidden apps again?!? ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
It sounds to me like your LauncherPro has blocked the app for ya! If you go into the settings for launcherpro the should be an option to show hidden apps again?!? ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

From your homescreen, go menu > preferences > general settings > hidden apps. Is Flickr checked?

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?