Restaurant Kiosks and Tablets

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Walked into a local McDonalds the other day and noticed they added kiosks for ordering. I guess they also joined the train where restaurants are using tablets and kiosks so customers can do their own ordering without the help of servers. They claim they will not lose employees because of this, but IMO, that is a lie. I am willing to bet most restaurants (fastfood mostly) do not have as many workers as before the devices were added.

What do you think of this fad? Have you used them and if so, does it affect your tipping (in restaurants where it applies)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing more annoying than waiting behind an idiot that can't work an ATM is standing behind a family of idiots trying to figure out the electronic kiosk. Then you know what, that family goes and has to go through every beverage option on the electronic dispenser. And don't get me started on buffets.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't care for this new fad so far. You have to get to learn everyone's system. I retired so I wouldn't have to learn my new system (lol). Then you can't complain if the order is wrong. I usually don't get the fast food exactly like it says...I don't get fries with salt and other exceptions. They're not gonna like me. :-((

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I refuse to use them at McDonald's, just walk up to the counter and place my order. Person usually says "you can place your order at the kiosk". Then I respond "but you can take my order" and they do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Then that's what I'll do too
I refuse to use them at McDonald's, just walk up to the counter and place my order. Person usually says "you can place your order at the kiosk". Then I respond "but you can take my order" and they do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
At Wendy's I just walk up to a real person. I think everyone thinks they have to order from the robot. I've ordered, got my food by time one of the kiosks junkies pays for there food.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I would rather have a real person too. those kiosks can be a pain. I used one one time and never again. at least it did not try to sell me something I did not ask for "do you want fries with that order"

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I use the automated method. I walk in and they automatically know my order. Sometimes I throw them a curve, usually the dessert.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk