According to a New Survey 90% of Consumers have Tablet Fever

s_cuttic

Reaction score
If I had the $$$ I'd get a tablet and ditch my laptop. I played with an ipad when it first came out but I didn't like it. Too big and bulky if I remember right. I'd like to try out the blackberry playbook. I love my droid but I'd trade it for a storm 3 in a heartbeat.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums. Darkslide

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My only interest in a tablet is the instant on ability. Played around a bit with lightweight OS distros on my netbook, but it's still not quite the same.. I want INSTANT on with a netbook formfactor (want keyboard/self standing).

Chromebook was tempting, but too pricey and not enough features. Debating still on a tablet with keyboard, but I just can't really justify it with how infrequently I would use it... might look into a fast SSD for my netbook or something.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

There's that. I was debating getting a tablet for surfing until work gave me one. But tablets aren't quite where I feel they need to be to justify the price. Although the fact that my laptop is a portable heater and really more of a desktop replacement was pushing me toward a tablet or netbook.

txrover

Reaction score
My family just had this debate and went with 2 netbooks for the price of 1 tablet. Wanted ability for the kids to write reports and papers with real keybd and the cost was hard to beat. Ipad and xoom tabs needd to be $250 starting price for 8G models.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
About this or any survey, I always go back to that old Abraham Lincoln quote.

"47% of all statistics and 31% of all quotes on the internet are completely made up"

Wait... so Abe invented the internet not Al.
Easy confusion.
LOL

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm still firmly in the "I have a 4.3" screen Android phone and a good laptop so why the hell do I need a tablet" camp. I can see the value of a tablet in certain work environments, but that's about it.

dtdlurch

Reaction score
90% sounds a little inflated.
Maybe some of those people don't have a fever. Maybe just the sniffles.

jhom

Reaction score
As an entry into the tablet world, I got a Nook. From using it, I now understand how tablets can be very handy. I've found that I've significantly reduced my use of my smartphone for surfing or information gathering. The tablet does a good job of allowing me to consume information and media. It has helped my old and tired eyes from straining to see on my smartphone. It has reduced my time in front of my desktop. I can conveniently get information, media, emails, and texts from my favorite chair with being tethered to a laptop or running to the desktop or messing around with a small screen and keyboard.

jhom

Reaction score
As an entry into the tablet world, I got a Nook. From using it, I now understand how tablets can be very handy. I've found that I've significantly reduced my use of my smartphone for surfing or information gathering. The tablet does a good job of allowing me to consume information and media. It has helped my old and tired eyes from straining to see on my smartphone. It has reduced my time in front of my desktop. I can conveniently get information, media, emails, and texts from my favorite chair without being tethered to a laptop or running to the desktop or messing around with a small screen and keyboard.

edit: without

HamDog

Reaction score
I just did a survey and found that 90% of the girls like me! My mom, sister, girlfriend, and some neighbors were surveyed, but I believe the sampling is enough to emulate the entire world.

So I guess this means if I go to the bar tonight and talk to 10 girls, 9 of them will go home with me! :icon_ banana:

gravebelly

Reaction score
I am just lettng time move on. Cant wait for windows 8 and touc tablets in 2012 :icon_ banana: Will be interesting to see the new windows phone cant wait.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
and

I just did a survey and found that 90% of the girls like me! My mom, sister, girlfriend, and some neighbors were surveyed, but I believe the sampling is enough to emulate the entire world.

So I guess this means if I go to the bar tonight and talk to 10 girls, 9 of them will go home with me! :icon_ banana:

so was it the girlfriend that said no :)
and add me to the 1 out of 10 that couldnt give a care less about an underpowered tablet that costs the sme as a full blown laptop

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
I said really let me look at my family ME = 50% - 70%, Wife 0% - 50%, 4 year old son well he love it if we had it and could care less if we did not, then again I bet he was not in the age range of the survey. Then I looked beyond that at my parents dad 0% - 50%, mom 0%, sister 0% - 50% (works for AT&T YIKES...) :rating01: moving right along. Her husband 50% - 90% ..... My wife's parents and sister 0% - 5%. I think my family and extended family would or could be an avg family's in the USA. To just say that from 1,000 people that 90% has fever um no. I would like to get me one but I'm not chomping at the mouth like I would for a good steak. :)