Responses to a text come as a new message; not threaded

mikecox

Reaction score
I get responses to text messages from people who have the same provider and a Samsung phone that arrive on my phone as a new; and separate, un-threaded message. I'm told the response is sent from within the text I sent but it comes to me as a new message.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Once again, remove the App and let us know if your issue is resolved.

OP
mikecox

mikecox

Reaction score
I'm using Textra, do you think it's that app or the app of the contact who is responding to my texts; who I'm sure is using the stock app ? This only happens with one contact; all others come in threaded to the message I originated. Is "Messenger" the stock text app? Should I just try removing Textra and using "Messenger" for awhile?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If it only happens for that one contact, then my guess is that it is the person who is texting you. I'm pretty certain other messaging apps will all do the same thing. It could be that this person is actually using different phone numbers for texting or even a non-typical texting process (texting via a PC and not a phone)? My brother has three different phones he texts from. Why? I don't know but drives me crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
mikecox

mikecox

Reaction score
Good point, This contact does text from her computer sometimes,and since she is the only contact that happens with I think it's safe to say it's not my phone. Thanks