Resetting the phone to factory default question!!

Orangetruck94

Reaction score
Hi gang!
If I reset my phone (setting/privacy/factory data reset) to factory default...will it remove/erase all the apps (games/programs) I already installed?

Thanks!!

sharondet

Reaction score
I thought that would happen, too,and was prepared to install them all again, but when I did a factory reset after my 2.1 update, all my apps came back. I had to redo the settings, but they all installed. I don't know how that happened.

OP
O

Orangetruck94

Reaction score
Is it a 50/50 chance? LOL
Can I save them to my comp or my SD card?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will erase everything, every time. They might sync back up afterwards, but that doesn't always seem to work.

Laramie

Reaction score
You can use either Astro to back them up to your SD card or "AppBrain" to back them up online, then download the Appbrain app and sync them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

biggs

Reaction score
astro is what i used download astro from market free then go into astro hit menu then select tools then application manager/backup it will load packages then click top check box right side will check all apps downlaoded then click backup in upper left side

after u wipe an they dont instal just go back to astro click menu then select tools then application manager/backup it will load packages then click on backed up apps in upper right corner check the box right beneath it to select all apps then click install on the upper left side :icon_ banana:

OP
O

Orangetruck94

Reaction score
You can use either Astro to back them up to your SD card or "AppBrain" to back them up online, then download the Appbrain app and sync them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It seems like a LOT people like ASTRO File Manager!!!
+1 here.
Thanks Laramie

OP
O

Orangetruck94

Reaction score
astro is what i used download astro from market free then go into astro hit menu then select tools then application manager/backup it will load packages then click top check box right side will check all apps downlaoded then click backup in upper left side

after u wipe an they dont instal just go back to astro click menu then select tools then application manager/backup it will load packages then click on backed up apps in upper right corner check the box right beneath it to select all apps then click install on the upper left side :icon_ banana:

GREAT!!
I am going to give it a shot.
Thanks Biggs

Candice

Reaction score
FWIW, I just did a factory reset on Sunday after the 2.1 update. Not one of my apps were gone. (I kinda wished they would have been lost, so I could start over, lol) I only had to sync everything and adjust a few settings. The only data I lost was text msgs. I didn't lose a single picture or app.

I'm not sure if that's the norm or not, but that's what happened to me.