Reroot after update

acoers

Reaction score
I just updated my phone with the leaked update and it all went great. then i noticed i didnt have root anymore but still had all the root apps. Well i tried rerooting and it goes through the whole process and says my phone is rooted. but when i open tb pro up it says i dont have access to it cause im not rooted. Also i did the root checker and it shows no root on the phone. Any ideas what i might need to do to get back to rooted?

Mr.Cookie

Reaction score
I've has some issues after the update as well. Superuser app randomly went missing from the phone. Reinstalled from the market but it just fc'd trying to open it. Rebooted the phone and su was gone again. Reinstalled from market again and all is well so far.

Not sure of root checker depends on su binary but its worth a look.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
I tried going into manage apps and uninstall superuser. then i tried rooting it again and still not rooted wtf. Do i need to delete something else?

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
got it to work finally i used pete's motorola tools root to get it this time and it worked. Back to making the phone faster.

pistacio

Reaction score
For future reference, if anyone is rooted before the update, use "rootkeeper" in the market. It makes a backup of your root, temporary unroots your phone, then you apply the update, then reroot using the app. Worked flawless for me.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

craigdoug

Reaction score
For future reference, if anyone is rooted before the update, use "rootkeeper" in the market. It makes a backup of your root, temporary unroots your phone, then you apply the update, then reroot using the app. Worked flawless for me.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

I used the same method. Works great!

SupperDroid

Reaction score
What is included in the update? any fixes worth talking about?

Edit: Took the OTA and used the method above, worked flawlessly.

Aiesline

Reaction score
You are prolly only 2 weeks or less out from the official update. The official update IS rootable. I'd wait :)