Request-modify an apk file and make it work!

Reaction score
Okay, i have the themed weather wiget apk from the eliteprohd theme all i would like someone to do if they so ever kindly would is switch some of the pictures around that already exist in the file (ex.i like the chance of rain picture better for when it is just raining as opposed to the one they have for when its just raining) all i want is about 6 pictures flip-floped and for it to work when i try to install via root exp. astro ,file exp.cause it never does when i switch them!!! SOOOO PLEASE WIT A CHERRY ON TOP!

arpitbull

Reaction score
What files do you want switched, did you already switch them?

And did you already try installing it in system/app? If not try that.....copy apk and paste it in the system/app using root explorer. Then change the permisions to match the rest of the apk's in the folder. Reboot and it should appear. If you cant make that work I will fix it for you.

Last edited:
OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
What files do you want switched, did you already switch them?

And did you already try installing it in system/app? If not try that.....copy apk and paste it in the system/app using root explorer. Then change the permisions to match the rest of the apk's in the folder. Reboot and it should appear. If you cant make that work I will fix it for you.

No, they are not swithed in that zip, i have tried to switch them with the explained above results can u switch them for me? ill tell u what i want switched

1.chance of rain night switched with rain night
2.cloudy night switched with mostly cloud night
3.cloudy switched with mostly cloudy
4.sunny night switch with mostly sunny night

arpitbull

Reaction score
com.magicbytes.weather.TheWeather-1.apk

Copy to system/app change permissions, reboot, and enjoy.

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
Hey arpitbull when you say change permissions can u elaborate more on that cause i never did that in root explorer i see the option but, there is a bunch of stuff to check on an off

also, did you just change out the pics with 7zip? how did you do this cause i would like to learn so i can do these things myself , if you wouldnt mind a quick write up. maybe all i needed to do was change the permissions and it would have worked. i had no clue bout that part!!

arpitbull

Reaction score
Ok.....
1.Paste the apk into /system/app
2.hit the mount r/w button
3.long press the apk, select change permissions
4.check read and write on the "user" row, read on the "group" row, and read on the "others" row
5.hit ok, and reboot
6.enjoy

Yep just pull the folder with 7zip, make your changes and add the folder back in. Honestly yours probably would have worked, had you tried it this way.
In order to install it the normal way you would have to "sign" the apk. I have not ever tried to learn this, I may at some point but I really don't have a reason to now. Thats why I like the MIUI theme system, Oh yeah try my theme....MIUI_Evolution 3.0 [.mtz format] WORKS . I will be putting out a new version soon......

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
Ok.....
1.Paste the apk into /system/app
2.hit the mount r/w button
3.long press the apk, select change permissions
4.check read and write on the "user" row, read on the "group" row, and read on the "others" row
5.hit ok, and reboot
6.enjoy

Yep just pull the folder with 7zip, make your changes and add the folder back in. Honestly yours probably would have worked, had you tried it this way.
In order to install it the normal way you would have to "sign" the apk. I have not ever tried to learn this, I may at some point but I really don't have a reason to now. Thats why I like the MIUI theme system, Oh yeah try my theme....MIUI_Evolution 3.0 [.mtz format] WORKS . I will be putting out a new version soon......

says cant paste into sys/app cause its read only?