replacing usb charging port on droid incredible 2

cypher007

Reaction score
hey everyone, a few weeks back i disconnected my charger from my phone and the usb adapter on the phone came out as well. i have found the same kind of mini usb port to replace with the non existing one. I have decent skills with soldering on Pc Boards and other things. i would like to get all of your guys opinions on whether i should attempt to do the repair myself or just upgrade my phone since i also have a device upgrade, only problem is im not sure how much longer i will be on this plan for...
thnx

pickaxe300

Reaction score
I have tried to replace a phone under warranty for a broken charging port before, and vzw politely told me tough sh**. I have seen several used cellphone stores/repair centers offering that repair for 25-30 bucks. Check craigslist for your area. Worth a shot if vzw is "nice" to you like they were with me...lol

Good luck!

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have tried to replace a phone under warranty for a broken charging port before, and vzw politely told me tough sh**. I have seen several used cellphone stores/repair centers offering that repair for 25-30 bucks. Check craigslist for your area. Worth a shot if vzw is "nice" to you like they were with me...lol

Good luck!

In store or over the phone? I have had phones replaced for failed charging ports. I had a blackberry that when I disconnected the metal socket pulled out but the connector remained. VZW replaced it no problem over the phone. I have never had a good experience going to a store though.

And if you are comfortable enough to try it if Verizon doesn't work out, I say go for it. 1. If you break it, you still have the upgrade. 2. If you fix it, you don't need the upgrade 3. Fix it, sell it, and take the upgrade. Now your old phone pays for the cost of the new one. There is no point in not trying to fix it though.

pickaxe300

Reaction score
In store or over the phone? I have had phones replaced for failed charging ports. I had a blackberry that when I disconnected the metal socket pulled out but the connector remained. VZW replaced it no problem over the phone. I have never had a good experience going to a store though.

Yeah, it was through the verizon store. I finally figured out it is much easier and a lot less painful to do this over the phone with them....:biggrin:

ABQNM

Reaction score
Good luck and hope they take care of it for you.

joggy

Reaction score
@pickaxe300 & OP...as ABQNM notes, VZW will definitely replace this phone under warranty. I had one swapped out last month for the same reason the OP is questioning. I Called VZW and they took my info, swapped it under warranty and overnighted the replacement.

OP
C

cypher007

Reaction score
Thnx everyone for your help and advice I will call corporate tomorrow and let you guys know what happened

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Ana Lopez

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I Phone 5s
If it doesn't work out you may want to consider a new port. RavPower is rated well, here , and it's pretty cheap .