replacement apps for replacement phone

drcarl

Reaction score
Just got my first replacement Droid X (finally spontaneous restarts were just unbearable). Backup assistant installed all my contacts alright. But now, I feel so lost! Last time I got a replacement (Blackberry/Verizon), when I navigated to the App Marketplace, ALL my old apps were offered up to me to re-install into the new phone. Now, I can't find how to do that. (1) Is there a way?

TIA

drcarl

dlion16

Reaction score
in market, press the menu key, select my apps. should give you your apps. if not, now would be a good time to root and get titanium backup.

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to wipe the Android Market cache in order for it to properly offer up your previously installed apps. And of course at the risk of stating the obvious you need to be logged in to Google with the same user name account that you used on your previous phone.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
It was my understanding that the new market only offers up previously purchased apps now =\

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
It was my understanding that the new market only offers up previously purchased apps now =\

Not that I have seen. I have an installed and a not installed section and I have apps listed there that have never been on my Droid x2. I downloaded them on my old OG Droid and in some cases removed them. A few apps have disappeared from the market but that is because they are no longer supported by the author.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Not that I have seen. I have an installed and a not installed section and I have apps listed there that have never been on my Droid x2. I downloaded them on my old OG Droid and in some cases removed them. A few apps have disappeared from the market but that is because they are no longer supported by the author.

Ya I hear what you are saying but when I got my replacement phone. My old apps did not show in the new market... and I thought that there was a forum on this somewhere but I couldn't find it =\ im not sure...

Reaction score
Well now that I look again you may be correct on that. Hadn't noticed that the only apps are the paid ones. #footinmouth LOL

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Well now that I look again you may be correct on that. Hadn't noticed that the only apps are the paid ones. #footinmouth LOL

It may just be a bug in the market... like I said its listed as a known issue on the website