Replace sim card

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are the sim cards free to replace? I was going to switch my bionic to a family member but vzw deactivated my card... Then when they tried to reactivate it, it didn't work.

Are they free?

johnd09

Reaction score
I think so, but if not don't they cost much. In your case it should be free, if not I would pitch a fit, they caused it.

Sent from a BAMF'd 'bolt using Droid Forums

jhom

Reaction score
Yes. When I first got my Bionic the sim was invalid. I called Verizon CS and they said they would send me a new one or I could go to a local Verizon store. I got one from a local store. No cost to me. I bought the Bionic from Costco.

xmguy

Reaction score
This issue led me to the result from VZW reguarding removing a 4G/LTE phone for a 3G / Feature phone. Then putting the 4G BACK on. Some how. The switch NOT the SIM card will not accept the the OLD SIM back on the network once removed. So if you are like I was. I had a Droid X and a Samsung Continuum. Used the Continuum for yard work since it was cheaper than using my X. After upgrading from the X to the Bionic. I'd have an issue. Well if I were to swap from the Bionic to the Continuum and back VZW would have to send me another SIM Card. Although they ARE 100% FREE! They probably would not swap them if it happened, like oh, 5 times a month. I called VZW today (9/18) asked a Tier 2 Tech if VZW has any plans in the near future to correct this error. The guy said no. He said. SOMETIMES the switch will allow it. Said "The setup in theory was set to allow the SAME SIM back if it was under 60 days". That was not what happened in practice. So rather than telling customers . It may or may NOT work. They just say it won't. So best bet. (for me) I'm looking into the Pantech Breakout. It said to be a VERY cheap 4G phone coming to VZW soon. Then I can swap the SIM and not worry about 4G to 3G phones again. I sold both my Droid X and Samsung Continuum. Bit annoying in the end. But VZW would rather expand their LTE footprint VS. fix issues like these. Their words not mine.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was told that once the SIM card has been off the account for more than 24 hours, it is automatically deactivated by the system and a new card is then needed.

This is what I was told also, altho I haven't encountered any problems.