Repeated pairing between the phone and the car

rell46

Reaction score
I just switched to a Razr Maxx HD and I find that I have to confirm pairing the phone with my car's bluetooth every time I restart the car. I work out of the car all day so it is annoying to have to re-pair the phone each time I get into it. My previous phone did not do this so it is the phone requesting the pairing confirmation. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks,

Chris

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
What car is it? Sounds like the pairing is not complete somehow that it ask all the time. I have not had any issues pairing mine with my VW Touareg and even had it paired with one I had a for a rental on vacation a few weeks ago.

OP
R

rell46

Reaction score
It is a Subaru Impreza. My other phone (HTC Thunderbolt) would automatically pair with the car. The Razr asks to allow pairing and says something like "make sure the car uses code XXXX" for the bluetooth code and the code changes each time. However, I never have to enter the code. I just confirm pairing.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Is there any place in the car that would display the code as well? You don't and should need to input anything. Just as you said confirm it is seeing the same code. I see it in a display on my cluster in my Touareg. You may if I remember have to confirm the code on the car first then the phone. At least that is how it worked on my VW's.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Bluetooth Settings

Sounds to me like your car may still have a saved and paired slot for your Thunderbolt. I would first try to delete that slot to see if that solves your problem. Good luck.

Jason Lawless

Reaction score
I am dealing with the same issue as well when pairing my Droid RAZR with my Subaru Crosstrek.....get different passcodes on the phone however the head unit in the car shows the code as all zeros.

Going to try to input the code if possible....only had my car for 2 weeks. Good luck!

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
After pairing the phone with the car, go into the settings and see if the old phones are listed in the car's display. If so, delete the old phones. You can also try deleting your phone, and repairing. If it still doesn't work, I'd go to the dealer and tell them what's happening.

G_Rossney

Reaction score
Motorola Droid Razr MAXX too

I have a Droid Razr Maxx and I have the same problems. I've contacted Subaru, but I think it's a Bluetooth software compatibility issue. It's very frustrating, you would think that Bluetooth technology would be pretty simple and work. I got my phone over a year ago and I'm not ready for an upgrade anytime soon. I'd rather spend the money on the car than a new cell phone.

If anyone figures out the solution, please let me know!

G_Rossney

Reaction score
Solution to the BT auto connect issue with Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, worked for me!

I found the solution! I've tried it and it seems to be working for me (for now!) Check out the post in a motorola forum;

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4221c36298?commentId=708567#708567

I removed all BT profiles from my phone before trying this. I found that when I initially paired my phone after deleting the Bluetooth Share Data, the phone wouldn't sync my contacts ( got a failed transfer message ). I tested to see if just clearing the bluetooth share data would solve the problem alone, I got the normal multiple pairing confirmations when I started the car and then the contacts synced. I then continued on with the rest of the steps. I also made sure before turning the car on the phone was "visible to all devices". I followed the rest of the steps and all seems fine and works. The car only shows 1 device paired and has the original name of my phone before I renamed it.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions!

GreyTop

Reaction score
Impreza Bluetooth LG G2 wont stay connected.

I found the solution! I've tried it and it seems to be working for me (for now!) Check out the post in a motorola forum;

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4221c36298?commentId=708567#708567

I removed all BT profiles from my phone before trying this. I found that when I initially paired my phone after deleting the Bluetooth Share Data, the phone wouldn't sync my contacts ( got a failed transfer message ). I tested to see if just clearing the bluetooth share data would solve the problem alone, I got the normal multiple pairing confirmations when I started the car and then the contacts synced. I then continued on with the rest of the steps. I also made sure before turning the car on the phone was "visible to all devices". I followed the rest of the steps and all seems fine and works. The car only shows 1 device paired and has the original name of my phone before I renamed it.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions!

I have a 2013 impreza cross trek that connected fine to my Motorola Droid bluetooth phone. It also worked fine with Ford SYNC (Ford explorer) HOWEVER, I now find that my new LG G2 stays connected to my Ford product on restarting the car. But it must be re-paired to the impreza everytime that I restart it. The Ford can sync to multiple phones. The impreza radio can only pair to one phone. I have set and reset it about 10 different timnes, but once car is turned off, and restarted the connection is lost.

? Thoughts?