Renaming backup folders on SD card

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Using clockworkmod recovery. I have run nandroid backups when I do stuff to be sure I am able to restore if needed. I have been collecting backups though...and it names them the date, and then a string of numbers that dont appear to have anything to do with what time.

I have been cleaning up my SD card for apps that I have used in the past, that no longer are on my phone. They have created folders w/o info on my SD card. For example Flikie HD wallpapers. Dont use it anymore...but there are folders on my SD for it. I just deleted them. Did this for a couple other folders for apps I no longer use.

I was checking my disk space using a disk space app off the market. I notied that I had a lot of space devoted to backups, so I went in and deleted all of them except my very first one before I started flashing roms...Its basically the stock rooted restore.

Then I kept my most current stable backup...SS4.7.

I recently flashed to 4.8 and am LOVING it. Super badA rom.

My curiousity is...I went into my SD backup folder and renamed my backups to what they are...like Stock_rooted, and the most current Chevy_ss4.7_928droidBG.

And now I just ran another backup for my ss4.8.

My question is...will renaming the folders to better recognize which restore it is...will this effect running a restore? I wouldnt imagine it would, but just wondering if anyone else does this.

It gets confusing as to what backup it actually is if I have bunch of them named dates only.

xliderider

Reaction score
No it doesn't affect the backup/restore at all. I used to rename my backups all the time. ;)

You can edit the backup name before the backup is created if you want as well. CW Mod gives you the option under Backup Current ROM, but not under the install of a downloaded ROM.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome...thank you so much for the response. I was beggining to wonder...76 views and 1 post. :)