Removing Verizon Droid Case

5circles

Reaction score
For some reason my Droid has stopping working and wouldn't reset from the On/Off switch. So I needed to remove the battery to reset.

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to remove the case (a Verizon case ) easily. When I tried to remove the case, I couldn't do it without bending the little metal ears.

Is there some trick? I finally managed without too much of a bend, but this is a nuisance.

I really like this Verizon case (purchased with a car mount, not the one with magnets in). It was over-priced, but I don't feel like I'm going to drop it - unlike the smooth ones.

Thanks

clinchmtnman

Reaction score
Thumb Slide Technique to Remove Droid Battery Cover

It a bit tricky the first time or two but here's the way I find it easiest. I call it my "Thumb Slide Technique."

Hold the Droid battery side up, with the camera closest to you. Place both thumbs on the "M", figures underneath (on the screen) and using slightly firm pressure (don't squeeze too much), slide your thumbs away from you and the battery cover will slide about 1/4". You can then lift off the cover. Reverse the procedure to reinstall the cover. Hope this helps.

cuskit

Reaction score
Mine was the opposite problem. It didn't want to stay on! ;) Meanwhile, Motorola has FedEx'd a replacement to me, free of any charges, tracking shows it arriving tomorrow (I did an online chat Thursday - not bad shipping time)! Supposedly the new covers have been changed so they stay on. We will see! ;) mikey

OP

5circles

Reaction score
Removing outer case

Sorry about the much delayed reply. I thought that I'd already replied, and then got stuck with some computer problems.

I wasn't trying to take off the standard case to access the battery, but instead I needed to remove the outer (accessory) case as I was trying to fit the Droid into different car mounts. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm glad to learn about Shift-ALT-DEL.

Thanks