Upset about case and carmount/dock

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
I've bee using a black plastic two piece shell style clip on case since I got the Moto DROID. I like the case. It maked it a bit bigger but it seems to hold pretty tight to the phone.

I picked up the Multimedia Station as well as the Car Mount today. It never occured to me that I would have to remove the case every time I wanted to mount this thing into one of these accessories. :mad: I'm kinda bummed!

Have any of you guywho use the Station or Car Mount, switched from one of the shell style cilp on cases to something else, just so you don't have to unclip the case every time you wanna mount the Droid? I'd be interested in any opinions!

Thanks!! Happy holidays to everyone!

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I ended up buying a universal gps mount. It's a bit tall for the Droid, but if you put it to the top you have plenty of room for the power cord.

OP
tha]-[acksaw

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
I'll check that out. I'm really bummed. I'm kinda leaning toward a new case :-( I really like both the car mount and the dock.

cjkeeney

Reaction score
I have the swivel belt clip that sounds pretty much like the case you use with the exception of a back cover.

I have still yet to get any scratches on my phone while putting it in the case or in a coat pocket when not using the case. So if your priority is to use the media station and gps mount, I'd switch to another case or use none at all. It's a very well designed phone and I don't think a case is completely necessary.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
+1 for No Case...

cjkeeney

Reaction score
+1 for No Case...

Yeah, I don't use the belt clip for protection but more for comfort. I work retail and do a lot of moving around, so it feels uncomfortable in my pocket.

Also, makes it a lot quicker to sneak in a text message rather than digging it out of my pocket. I still use the screen protector, just because I've had bad experiences with my old Blackberry (I know different screens, but still paranoid)

Magdroid

Reaction score
tha]-[acksaw;101099 said:
I'll check that out. I'm really bummed. I'm kinda leaning toward a new case :-( I really like both the car mount and the dock.

I know your bummed. Read about Seidio. They make a case...they are coming out with a Multi-media dock that works with the case. They are also coming out with a car dock that works with their case. problem solved...but more $$ spent.

viperboy

Reaction score
I was looking through our huge list of accessories for the Droid and I found one that seems like it might be a case that will turn into a car mount. I looked it up and nothing in the warehouse or anything. Seems like a new product. I will keep you guys updated!

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I acutally have an old leather flip top case with magnetic clasp that clips to my belt from my old Treo 650. The Droid fits comfortably in the case. It's about 1/4" too wide, but that makes it easier to remove the phone. I wear that around the house, but when I go out, I put the phone in the inside pocket of my coat. Makes it easier to while I am outside, or running errands. I have looked at some of the Droid cases at the Verizon store, but for now, my pouch works fine.

I think spending the $$$ on decent headset is more of a priority as far as phone accessories go.

I like the design of the phone, of all of the Smart Phones out there, the Droid seems less "fragile" than the others. It has nice weight, and feel to it.