Removing previous phone from Market

WildKid

Reaction score
I'm having a problem deleting my previous phone from my Android Market account. I use to have a Droid X, and now I have a Bionic.

How do I delete my old phone? There is no 'remove' option. Wouldn't 'hiding' the phone prevent the person that I sell it to from using the market?

Or would I have to figure out some way to delete the old phone?

When the new person tied it to his/her Google account, would it disappear from mine?

Last edited:

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
It should automatically switch to your new phone. I recommend a factory reset of your old phone before selling it to protect your accounts.

Sent from 1976 utilizing a 1.21 gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

OP
W

WildKid

Reaction score
I've already done a factory reset. No help. Still shows my old device in my market account.

kramerica

Reaction score
There does not appear to be a way to "delete" the phones from your market, but you can hide them from your menu. Go to my Android Market and log in > My Market Account (top right) > Phone you don't have/want to see (on the right) > edit > Choose "hide in menus" radio button > Update

holjes

Reaction score
There does not appear to be a way to "delete" the phones from your market, but you can hide them from your menu. Go to my Android Market and log in > My Market Account (top right) > Phone you don't have/want to see (on the right) > edit > Choose "hide in menus" radio button > Update

Just have to say that I love your username. :) Well played. If you ever find a way to put ketchup and mustard in the same bottle please let me know. :p

kramerica

Reaction score
Just have to say that I love your username. :) Well played. If you ever find a way to put ketchup and mustard in the same bottle please let me know. :p

HA! Will do. If you're ever in town, stop by and make your own pie or stay and have some Kenny Roger's chicken. :)