Log out of google account on Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierProject

Reaction score
I was setting up my friend's droid, and to activate the market i had to log into my google account on his phone (he doesn't have a google account yet). But now when i want to delete my account it gives me the error "this account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting phone to factory defaults". So I'm wondering, what would this delete, all my apps, or just my personal data?

alz06

Reaction score
Hi! I had to do a master reset last week, all my personal data was still there but it eliminated all my programs and setting. On the good side, the paid programs I had I could just download again at NO charge, the market knows I already paid for them, and the free ones I also had to re-download.
Hope this helps....

OP
F

FrontierProject

Reaction score
dang, that wouldn't work for me, I want to do exactly the opposite, lose my personal info, and keep the apps

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, everything will be deleted. Your friend needs to set up his own Google account, or he won't be able to do much of anything with his phone. He won't be able to use the marketplace at all, even to download free apps. Unless one is willing to set up a Google account, the device is of little use. Even contact sync is done via your Google account.

As far as the apps? The free ones he will have to download under his own account, and he will have to purchase the paid apps.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
dang, that wouldn't work for me, I want to do exactly the opposite, lose my personal info, and keep the apps

Why? So your friend doesn't have to pay for them? That's theft. Free apps shouldn't be a problem, he just has to download them himself.

dylanthecat

Reaction score

So you want to keep your apps on your friends phone? Sounds like you are trying to not pay for apps on your friends phone. If this is not the case just do a factory reset and login with your friends Google account.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apps are tied directly to the Google Account. There is no way to get around this, to attempt to do so would be attempting to steal apps.

Now that may not be what the OP is thinking at all, and I'm not inferring that was your intentions, OP. I'm just stating the facts.

Since we don't want to discuss stealing apps in the Droid Forum, we'll close this thread at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.