Removing Icons From Home Page

papadroid

Reaction score
I accidentally discovered that long-pressing an icon will move it to the home page. However, I can't figure out how to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iraparks

Reaction score
long press and drag it down to the bottom of the screen, once it turns red, unpress

OP
P

papadroid

Reaction score
Removing Icons

Well, I guess I should have studied the discussions more closely before submitting this post. I now know that you can long-press an icon until it turns red and then drag it back to the tab at the bottom of the home page that brings up the list of all other applications and the icon will be removed from the home page and returned to that list.

Now, there's just one more issue. I moved the calendar application to my home page twice. So, using the method described above, I was able to put one copy back where it came from, but no luck on the second copy.

Any ideas out there ??

sir

Reaction score
"moving" an item to the homescreen does not remove it from the application list. so removing it from the home screen does not "move" it back to the application list. i don't see why it would prevent you from dragging both of them and trashing them.

droidplanet

Reaction score
Not so sure....

I tried the "holding the icon and dragging it to the bottom until it turns red" thing, but the icons jump right back where they were. I wanted to clear my home page, but instead, by following the aforementioned method, I ended up with empty icons. Has anyone else had this problem? One of the icons was my "Contacts" icon, and I had to set up my contacts again. Is there another way to clear your homepage so you can start fresh?

Katman

Reaction score
I accidentally discovered that long-pressing an icon will move it to the home page. However, I can't figure out how to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My step son figured it out. One of the posted emails is correct. Hold the app down for a while and then drag it to the button with the up arrow on the bottom of the screen and let go. I first tried dragging it to the bottom of the screen which doesn't work. You have to drop in in the button with the up arrow

droidplanet

Reaction score
Yes....it's correct.

It's very particular though. The icon and the trash can at the bottom of the screen both have to be red for it to be removed from the home page. I tried it again after my last post and was successful!!!

CoyoteMo

Reaction score
Icon stuck in landscape mode

On my Droid 2 the calendar icon is stuck when I am in landscape mode. I managed to trash the icon on my home screen, but it doesn't respond to touch at all in the landscape mode. Also, it is interferring with my ability to read text on any application that I put in landscape mode. Driving me nuts! Help!!

Last edited: