Removing duplicate gmail account

krooie

Reaction score
When the Verizon dude set up my Droid, he put my gmail account under the gmail icon, and he also put the same account under email icon. I now get two notifications every time I get mail in my gmail account. ANNOYING.

Is there any way to remove one of the gmail accounts without entirely resetting my phone? I have zero technical ability, and I'm sort of afraid to go back to the Verizon store where this guy apparently messed up my phone in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When the Verizon dude set up my Droid, he put my gmail account under the gmail icon, and he also put the same account under email icon. I now get two notifications every time I get mail in my gmail account. ANNOYING.

Is there any way to remove one of the gmail accounts without entirely resetting my phone? I have zero technical ability, and I'm sort of afraid to go back to the Verizon store where this guy apparently messed up my phone in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yup. Pretty simple. Go into the EMAIL app [not gmail],
click menu
click accounts [your gmail account will be there]
Long-press on the account [ie hold your finger there until a list pops up]
click remove account.
This will remove your gmail account from the email app and you will only receive notifications from the gmail app.

Eirene

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
huawei y210
Yup. Pretty simple. Go into the EMAIL app [not gmail],
click menu
click accounts [your gmail account will be there]
Long-press on the account [ie hold your finger there until a list pops up]
click remove account.
This will remove your gmail account from the email app and you will only receive notifications from the gmail app.

Thank you,thank you, thank you. 3 days of searching and your answer was so simply and worked the first time I tried!